Thomas Schaaf's men haven't tasted victory since the tail end of March, and may be forced to wait longer as the Gelsenkirchen visitors will be high on morale following a 4-0 win
Stevanovic, Sokratis, Naldo, Schmitz
Fritz, Trybull, Junuzovic
Uchida, Howedes, Matip, Fuchs
Farfan, Raul, Draxler
Any Chelsea fans tuning in to see new signing Marko Marin will be unhappy to learn that the young playmaker is suffering from a muscular problem and will not feature at the Weserstadion on Saturday.
Midfielder Mehmet Ekici is also unavailable for selection with a groin strain, while Philipp Bargfrede makes up the remainder of the hosts' infirmary with an Achilles problem.
For the visitors, Chinedu Obasi will be absent as the Nigerian is suffering with a groin strain, while Kyriakos Papadopoulos and Christoph Metzelder are out with a hamstring problem and a torn ligament respectively.
Joining the above trio on the sidelines will be long-term absentee Ralf Fahrmann, who has not yet recovered from his ACL injury, and Timo Hildebrand, whose elbow issue keeps him out still. Hans Sarpei has been deemed unfit to feature.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Werder Bremen have failed to register a victory in their last eight Bundesliga clashes, shipping 17 goals in the process – an average of just over two goals per game.
- Schalke have a decent record against Saturday's hosts, having lost only one of their last five clashes with Bremen, drawing one, and winning three.
- Visiting striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is currently the Bundesliga's top scorer with 27 for the season, one goal ahead of Bayern Munich's Mario Gomez.
- Bundesliga veteran, and possible Bayern interest, Claudio Pizarro is Werder's leading goalgetter this term, weighing in at number six in the scoring charts with 16.
- Coincidentally, Schalke and Bremen's players with the most assists for the season so far are tied on eight. Pizarro once again takes the honour for the hosts, while Jefferson Farfan is the visitors' current leading provider.