The South Americans will look to build off their win against Colombia in November by taking down the Europeans on Wednesday afternoon in an international friendly
Zabaleta, Campagnaro, Fernandez, Rojo
Gago, Mascherano, Sosa
Messi, Higuain, Aguero
For the hosts, a young squad has been named, one with 11 players who have 10 caps or less, including two making their debuts. In attack, there is little experience aside from Eren Derdiyok, as Innocent Emeghara and Admir Mehmedi have 12 combined appearances.
The defence and midfield will boast the most experience, with Stephan Lichtsteiner and Philippe Senderos likely to guide the back line.
With Nicolas Burdisso not included in Argentina's squad after injuring his knee in World Cup qualifying late last year, Napoli duo Federico Fernandez and Hugo Campagnaro may get the start at centre-back. The latter has never represented his nation at senior level.
Fellow club star Ezequiel Lavezzi was left out of the squad despite his recent stellar form, while German Denis of Atalanta, who has 15 Serie A goals this term, was also not named in the team.
In midfield, injuries to Ever Banega and Angel Di Maria sees several rising stars receive a call up, including Roma's Erik Lamela. For this match, Fernando Gago and Jose Sosa look to join Javier Mascherano in the middle of the pitch.
In attack, their is no shortage of talent as Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain and Sergio Aguero seem prepared to start from the first whistle.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Switzerland will not participate in this summer's Euro 2012, having not qualified.
- Ottmar Hitzfeld's men have only been defeated once in their last 11 games, including Euro qualifying and international friendlies.
- The last South American nation the Swiss faced was Uruguay in March of 2010. The Copa America winners triumphed 3-1.
- Argentina have suffered mixed results in World Cup qualifying. The two-time World Cup winners defeated Chile and Colombia, but lost to Venezuela and drew against Bolivia.
- Genoa's Rodrigo Palacio has been in great form this season with 14 league goals in Serie A, and could feature in this clash.
- The South Americans' next two qualifying matches come against Ecuador and Paraguay in June and September, with both at home.