With Monchengladbach set to face Augsburg on Sunday, a win could be necessary to keep the Royal Blues in the Bundesliga's final Champions League auto-qualification spot
Uchida, Howedes, Matip, Fuchs
Farfan, Raul, Draxler
Lell, Hubnik, Janker, Bastians
Ebert, Raffael, Ramos
The hosts will be without first-team regular Kyriakos Papadopoulos as they look to record their first win in four matches, as the centre-half is ruled out with a hamstring problem.
Joining the Greek on the sidelines will be fellow defender Christoph Metzelder, who has an issue with his foot, while Timo Hildebrand and Ralf Fahrmann still remain long-term absentees. Additionally, Hans Sarpei will not be fit for the clash.
For the visitors, Levan Kobiashvili and Peter Niemeyer miss out through suspension, while Sebastian Neumann is short on match fitness and will also be absent. Furthermore, Marco Djuricin, Andre Mijatovic, Maik Franz, and Fabian Lustenberger are unavailable through injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Klass-Jan Huntelaar is still the joint-top scorer for the Bundesliga with 25 so far this term, on par with Bayern Munich's Mario Gomez.
- Schalke's Raul also features in the top 10 at number eight, with 14 for the season so far.
- Pierre-Michel Lasogga is the visitors' top scorer, although the 20-year-old only weighs in at joint-21st with eight goals.
- On stats alone, Schalke hardman Jermaine Jones is currently the most undisciplined player in the German top flight at the moment with an incredible 13 yellow cards.
- Interestingly, Hertha's Raffael will be the player on the pitch with the greatest amount of Bundesliga assists between the two teams with nine, one more than Schalke's Jefferson Farfan.