The Red Devils face Brian McDermott's men on Saturday evening hoping to maintain their early season form against a side who have won just once in the Premier League so far
Cummings, Morrison, Mariappa, Shorey
Robson-Kanu, Leigertwood, Tabb, McAnuff,
Roberts, Le Fondre
Rafael, Smalling, Evans, Evra
Anderson, Carrick, Cleverley
Welbeck, Van Persie, Rooney
Reading boss Brian McDermott has injury problems ahead of the clash with the league leaders as Jem Karacan (knee ligament) has failed to return to fitness while Chris Gunter (hamstring), Danny Guthrie (leg) and Jimmy Kebe (groin) are all expected to remain out of first-team action until the New Year.
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Feguson will be without Antonio Valencia (hip) after the winger sat out the Red Devils' 1-0 over West Ham midweek, while Paul Scholes is in contention after serving a suspension on Wednesday.
Nani (hamstring) is still sidelined with injury alongside other long-term absentees Shinji Kagawa (knee) and Nemanja Vidic (knee), however Rio Ferdinand could return to the starting line-up after he was rested against the Hammers.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
Reading have conceded a joint-divisional high 78% of all their goals in the second half of games this season.
The Royals have kept the joint-fewest clean sheets in the Premier League this term.
- Despite being a game behind most other sides in the league, Brian McDermott's men have allowed more shots against them than any other team.
- The newly-promoted club have had 23 goals scored past them this season, with only Southampton, QPR and Wigan letting in more.
- Manchester United have scored more headed goals than any other team in the top flight (10) so far this season.
- The Red Devils have drawn just one of their last 22 Premier League away ties.
- Sir Alex Ferguson's side have recovered more points from losing positions than any other team in this season’s Premier League (18).
- Wayne Rooney (pictured) has a joint-league high six goal assists this season, along with Chelsea’s Juan Mata.
- All of United's last four league defeats on their travels have been by a 1-0 scoreline.