After their first loss under their new manager, the Hoops hope to recover by recording a second straight home victory against Steve Clarke's side at Loftus Road
Ferdinand, Nelsen, Hill, Fabio
Mackie, Faurlin, M'Bia, Granero, Taarabt
Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Popov
Odemwingie, Morrison, Gera
QPR keeper Julio Cesar (back) is recovering from injury but Robert Green could continue in goal, while Anton Ferdinand and Fabio are set to keep their places at full-back with Bosingwa unlikely to be selected due to a reported disciplinary issue and Nedum Onuoha (knock) and Armand Traore (knock) doubtful.
Midfielders Park Ji-Sung (knee) and Kieron Dyer (knock) are injured, as are strikers Bobby Zamora (hip) and Andy Johnson (knee). Harry Redknapp has no new injury concerns and could field an unchanged line-up, though winger Shaun Wright-Phillips is a possible option in place of one of the central midfield three.
West Brom could start an unchanged back four, with right-back Steven Reid (shin) unavailable and Goran Popov impressing at left-back despite the return of Liam Ridgewell from injury.
Youssuf Mulumbu returns from suspension and could be partnered by Chris Brunt in midfield, with Claudio Yacob (hamstring) yet to return. Shane Long will compete for the lone striker position with Romelu Lukaku, who started on Saturday but could be rested.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- QPR have just one win from their 18 Premier League games so far this season. Four of the five sides to have recorded such a poor start have been relegated by the end of the campaign.
- Loftus Road has seen nine goals from outside the box this season, more than any other ground in the Premier League.
- Victory over Fulham in the Hoops' last home game ended a run of seven without a win at Loftus Road, including three defeats.
- QPR have won their last two Boxing Day fixtures, but West Brom have failed to score in three of their last four on the day.
- West Brom had gone without a win in four matches before Saturday's 2-1 victory at home over Norwich.
- The Baggies have conceded at least two goals in their last three away matches in the Premier League, and kept just two clean sheets in their last 46 Premier League away games.
- West Brom have taken two victories and a draw against QPR in the two sides' last three meetings, winning 3-2 against the west London side earlier this season at the Hawthorns.
- Four of Baggies striker Romelu Lukaku's (pictured right) six Premier League goals this season have arrived in the final 20 minutes of matches.
- Chris Brunt has scored in his three of his last four games against QPR at Loftus Road, striking two for West Brom and one for Sheffield Wednesday.