The former Magpies boss takes his new club to the Sports Direct Arena but his Canaries side could find it tough against a side that have lost just once at home in 2012
Perch, Williamson, Taylor, Santon
Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Anita, Gutierrez
Martin, Barnett, Bassong, Garrido
Snodgrass, Howson, Johnson, Surman
Steve Harper is likely to return in goal for the Magpies, despite Rob Eliot's mid-week Europa League heroics as Tim Krul (elbow) continues to recover from injury.
Danny Simpson and Fabricio Coloccini (both hamstring), Ryan Taylor (knee) and Cheikh Tiote (groin) are notable absentees, Vurnon Anita missed the mid-week tie at Maritimo due to the birth of his first child, but he may return for the Premier League fixture.
Norwich City have Steven Whittaker (ankle), Elliott Bennett (knee) and Simon Lappin (ligament damage) out injured for manager Chris Hughton's first trip back to Newcastle since he was sacked two years ago.
They look set to name the same side that featured in the goalless draw against West Ham.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Newcastle have won eight and lost just once in 12 Premier League games at home in 2012.
- Jonas Gutierrez (pictured right) has been fouled 14 times this season, the most in the top-flight.
- All five goals the Magpies have scored in the Premier League this season have come in the second-half .
- Norwich have not kept a clean sheet in their previous 35 Premier League away games.
- The Canaries have not picked up a single card in their first four games this term, the first team to do so since Blackburn in 1993-94.
- They have only scored with four per cent of their shots, the lowest conversion rate of the Premier League.