Equalling or bettering Manchester United's result would seal glory at the Etihad Stadium, but former boss Mark Hughes aims to spoil the party in order to avoid relegation
Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Yaya Toure, Barry
Onuoha, Ferdinand, Hill, Taiwo
Mackie, Barton, Derry, Taarabt
With no injury or suspension news to worry about, Roberto Mancini has a full squad at his disposal for the game that could secure his side Premier League glory.
With that in mind, Manchester City are expected to be unchanged, fielding for the third match in a row the XI which overcame Manchester United and Newcastle to put them one game away from triumph.
|7.0||Manchester City are 7.0 with 188bet to beat QPR 4-0 on Sunday.|
For QPR, both Shaun Derry (dead leg) and Akos Buzsaky (hamstring) face late fitness tests, though Mark Hughes may be willing to risk the former in particular to maintain his midfield's toughness for potentially their most difficult game of the season.
Samba Diakite will definitely miss out with a virus, however, while Alejandro Faurlin remains on the sidelines due to an anterior cruciate ligament injury. Djibril Cisse, who scored the crucial late winner against Stoke City last time out, may be drafted into the starting line-up.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City need to either better Manchester United's result against Sunderland or equal it and avoid a nine-goal swing in order to confirm themselves as Premier League champions.
- Roberto Mancini's side have won 17 of their home league matches so far, their only blip a 3-3 draw with Sunderland on March 31.
- City striker Sergio Aguero has registered as many Premier League goals (22) this season as QPR's four highest league scorers combined.
- The hosts been victorious in each of their last five games, blasting 15 goals in the process and conceding only one.
- QPR have alternately won and lost their last 10 matches, their most recent outing a 1-0 triumph over Stoke City.
- Three points would guarantee safety for the Rs. A draw would do the same - barring a shocking goal-difference swing - but if Mark Hughes' men lose and Bolton beat Stoke, the visitors would return to the Championship.
- Since joining the club from Lazio in January, Djibril Cisse (pictured right) has either scored or been sent off in each of his seven games, with five goals and two red cards.
- Rs boss Hughes managed City for 18 months between 2008 and 2009 before being replaced with current coach Mancini.
- Man City are relatively slow starters, scoring only 8 per cent of their Premier League goals in the opening 20 minutes of matches, compared to QPR's more evenly-spread 25%.
- Yaya Toure scored the winner in a 3-2 triumph for City the last time that these two teams met, at Loftus Road on November 5.