The Reds will look to put their recent troubles at home behind them by negotiating their way past an Albion side who have secured just one point from their last four away games
Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique
Henderson, Spearing, Gerrard, Downing
WEST BROMWICH ALBION
Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell
Brunt, Mulumbu, Dorrans, Thomas
Liverpool are set to welcome back Pepe Reina after a three-match suspension to replace stand-in keeper Brad Jones.
Alexander Doni also returns from a ban but Reina is expected to take his place between the sticks and Australian Jones will hope to retain a place in the squad at least.
Jose Enrique will hope for a recall after being dropped to the bench for the Reds' semi-final win over Everton and could come in for veteran Jamie Carragher, who was badly at fault for the Toffees' goal.
Andy Carroll will hope for another start after his winner at Wembley last weekend.
West Brom duo Marc Antoine-Fortune and Jonas Olsson face late fitness tests before the trip to Anfield.
Fortune suffered a hamstring injury during last week's 1-0 win over QPR and was forced off on the hour mark whilst Olsson pulled out during the warm-up with a tight groin.
Shane Long and Craig Dawson, respectively, are waiting in the wings if they fail to win their fitness battles.
Zoltan Gera, James Morrison and Steven Reid all remain on the sidelines.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Liverpool have only taken seven points from their last nine games. They could go three matches unbeaten for the first time in 2012.
- Only the two Manchester clubs and Everton have conceded fewer goals than the Reds (34) this season.
- West Brom have taken just a single point from their last four away matches.
- Nevertheless, the Baggies have earned more points from away matches (22) than at The Hawthorns (20) this season.
- Albion are two points better off than at the equivalent stage last season.
- Liverpool have won all five previous Premier League meetings with West Brom at Anfield without conceding a goal.
- Albion's last victory at Anfield was exactly 45 years before the day of this fixture. They have since gone 24 league and cup visits without success (D6, L18).
- Reds captain Steven Gerrard is one shy of 150 club career goals.
- If Peter Odemwingie scores he will be the first West Brom player to reach 25 Premier League goals for the club.