Lille - Valencia Preview: Los Che eye Group F top spot
The Liga outfit travel to France knowing they must better Bayern Munich's result against BATE Borisov to win the group and secure a potentially favourable draw in the round of 16
By Karthick Arvinth
Debuchy, Basa, Rozehnal, Beria
Balmont, Gueye, Martin
Kalou, Roux, Rodelin
Pereira, Rami, R Costa, Cissokho
Gago, T Costa
Feghouli, Banega, Guardado
Lille could welcome back striker Ryan Mendes from an ankle injury for Wednesday's Champions League clash with Valencia at the Grand Stade Lille Metropole.
Fellow attacker Tulio de Melo is sidelined with a hamstring problem, while defender Djibril Sidibe and midfielder Benoit Pedretti are suspended.
With Lille guaranteed to finish bottom of Group F, boss Rudi Garcia is likely to make several changes to the side that played out a goalless draw with Bastia on Saturday.
Valencia, meanwhile, are without injured duo Sergio Canales and Jeremy Mathieu, while Antonio Barragan and Roberto Soldado serve suspensions.
Newly-appointed coach Ernesto Valverde is expected to watch his team from the stands, with caretaker boss Salvador Gonzalez taking charge from the touchline.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Lille are on a three-match winless run in Ligue 1 and have failed to register on the scoresheet in that sequence.
- Les Dogues have never lost to Spanish opposition at home in five outings (W2, D3).
- Lille have received 17 yellow cards in the Champions League this season, more than any other club.
- Valencia have won just two of their last six matches in all competitions.
- The Mestalla club are on a 16-match unbeaten run against French teams since losing the first leg of the 1979-80 European Cup Winners' Cup semi-final against Nantes.
- To top Group F, Valencia must better Bayern Munich's result against BATE Borisov in the other group match. A Bayern win will see the Bundesliga side through as group winners regardless of the outcome in northern France.
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
LOSC Lille Métropole 1-2 Valencia CF
- 17.62 %
LOSC Lille Métropole 0-2 Valencia CF
- 17.62 %
LOSC Lille Métropole 1-1 Valencia CF
- 10.25 %
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Dec 6, 2012||LOSC Lille Métropole 0 - Valencia CF 1|
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Oct 3, 2012||Valencia CF 2 - LOSC Lille Métropole 0|
|UEFA Europa League (EL)||Dec 3, 2009||Valencia CF 3 - LOSC Lille Métropole 1|
|UEFA Europa League (EL)||Sep 18, 2009||LOSC Lille Métropole 1 - Valencia CF 1|
|LOSC Lille Métropole|
|Apr 12, 2014||LOSC Lille Métropole 1 - Valenciennes FC 0||Lig1|
|Apr 6, 2014||Toulouse FC 1 - LOSC Lille Métropole 2||Lig1|
|Mar 30, 2014||LOSC Lille Métropole 1 - EA Guingamp 0||Lig1|
|Mar 28, 2014||Rennes 2 - LOSC Lille Métropole 0||FRAC|
|Mar 24, 2014||AS Monaco 1 - LOSC Lille Métropole 1||Lig1|
|21||Aurélien Chedjou Fongang||Defender|
|24||Rio Antonio Mavuba||Midfielder|
|18||Jose Andrés Guardado||Midfielder|