Parma - Juventus Preview: Old Lady target three away wins on the bounce
The reigning Serie A champions are looking for their third successive league victory on the road when they travel to the Tardini to face a Gialloblu outfit plagued by inconsistency
By Rupert Fryer
Rossi, Paletta, Santacroce, Gobbi
Marchionni, Valdes, Parolo
Biabiany, Belfodil, Sansone
Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres
Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, De Ceglie
Juventus will be looking for their third successive Serie A victory on the road when they travel to the Ennio Tardini to take on Parma on Sunday.
There was some relief for Antonio Conte this past week when it was revealed that Claudio Marchisio's injury wasn't as bad as first feared, but the Italy international will miss his side's trip to Emilia-Romagna.
Juve will also be without both Giorgio Chiellini, who is yet to recover from an calf injury, and Kwadwo Asamoah, who is off to the Africa Cup of Nations with Ghana.
The Old Lady also look likely to miss Federico Peluso and Mirko Vucinic through injury, while Andrea Barzagli is hoping to be passed fit to play.
Roberto Donadoni is yet to pick up a win against Juventus in his coaching career and is facing a defensive crisis of his own. Alessandro Lucarelli and Yohan Benalouane are suspended, while Cristian Zaccardo and Aleandro Rosi look set to miss out through injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Juventus have the best away record in Serie A so far this season, winning seven of their nine fixtures on the road this term.
- The Old Lady will be hoping to make it third time lucky on Sunday, having failed to pick up a victory in their last two trips to the Ennio Tardini.
- Antonio Conte's men have the best defensive record in Serie A, conceding just 13 goals in their 14 fixtures to date.
- Sebastian Giovinco will return to his old club for the first time since sealing his move to Juventus this past summer.
- With six wins and three draws, Parma are the last remaining team in Italy's top flight to remain unbeaten at home.
- Despite their far superior goal difference, not a single Juventus player has outscored Parma striker Ishak Belfodil, who has notched on six occasions since making the move from Lyon in the summer.
- Coach Roberto Donadoni is without a win in five of his last encounters with Juventus.
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Parma 0-2 Juventus
- 20.43 %
Parma 0-3 Juventus
- 13.7 %
Parma 1-3 Juventus
- 13.5 %
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||Nov 3, 2013||Parma 0 - Juventus 1|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||Jan 13, 2013||Parma 1 - Juventus 1|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||Aug 26, 2012||Juventus 2 - Parma 0|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||Feb 16, 2012||Parma 0 - Juventus 0|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||Sep 11, 2011||Juventus 4 - Parma 1|
|Mar 2, 2014||Sassuolo 0 - Parma 1||SR-A|
|Feb 25, 2014||Parma 2 - Fiorentina 2||SR-A|
|Feb 16, 2014||Atalanta 0 - Parma 4||SR-A|
|Feb 9, 2014||Parma 0 - Catania 0||SR-A|
|Jan 26, 2014||Parma 1 - Udinese 0||SR-A|
|-||Daniele De Angelis||Goalkeeper|
|11||Paolo De Ceglie||Defender|
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed