Atalanta - Inter Preview: Stramaccioni's side attempt to keep up pace at summit
The Nerazzurri recorded an impressive victory over the Serie A leaders in their last league outing and will look to continue their fine form at the Azzurri d'Italia
By Renger Dotinga
Raimondi, Stendardo, Manfredini, Peluso
Schelotto, Cigarini, Carmona, Bonaventura
Ranocchia, Samuel, Juan
Zanetti, Gargano, Cambiasso, Nagatomo
Stefano Colantuono is likely to opt for the same starting XI which claimed a credible victory away to Sampdoria last time out, with German Denis continuing as the lone striker. The former Palermo coach has no fresh injury concerns to contend with, but remains without long-term absentees Daniele Capelli and Adriano Pinto.
On the other hand, Inter boss Andrea Stramaccioni rang the changes for his side's midweek Europa League triumph away to Partizan Belgrade, but will likely revert to the 3-4-1-2 formation which ended Juventus' unbeaten run last weekend.
However, the young trainer is still without Wesley Sneijder, who is yet to regain match fitness following a muscle strain suffered in October, so Rodrigo Palacio should keep his playmaking berth behind front pair Diego Milito and Antonio Cassano.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Atalanta currently sit ninth in the Serie A standings, one point ahead of Inter's city rivals Milan.
- Only two teams, Pescara and Palermo, have scored fewer goals than Sunday's hosts, who have just 10 strikes to their name this term.
- The Orobici are unbeaten in their last four matches, however - a run which included a narrow win over third-placed Napoli.
- Inter find themselves just one point adrift of league leaders Juventus following their 3-1 victory over the holders last weekend.
- The visitors have won their last ten away games in all competitions, six of which came in Serie A.
- Only two teams, Juventus and Roma, have been more prolific than the Nerazzurri on domestic duty in the current campaign. Diego Milito (pictured) has bagged seven of his side's 22 league goals up to this point, two of which came in the win over the Bianconeri.
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Atalanta 0-2 Inter
- 26.11 %
Atalanta 0-3 Inter
- 16.49 %
Atalanta 1-3 Inter
- 15.41 %
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Apr 8, 2013||Inter 3 - Atalanta 4|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Nov 12, 2012||Atalanta 3 - Inter 2|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Mar 18, 2012||Inter 0 - Atalanta 0|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Oct 27, 2011||Atalanta 1 - Inter 1|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Apr 25, 2010||Inter 3 - Atalanta 1|
|May 19, 2013||Atalanta 2 - Chievo 2||ITA1|
|May 12, 2013||Udinese 2 - Atalanta 1||ITA1|
|May 9, 2013||Atalanta 0 - Juventus 1||ITA1|
|May 5, 2013||Parma 2 - Atalanta 0||ITA1|
|Apr 28, 2013||Atalanta 1 - Bologna 1||ITA1|
|-||Carlos Javier Matheu||Defender|
|-||Giuseppe De Luca||Striker|
|4||Javier Adelmar Zanetti||Defender|
|19||Esteban Matias Cambiasso||Midfielder|
|22||Diego Alberto Milito||Striker|
|11||Ricardo Gabriel Álvarez||Midfielder|
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed