Bayern Munich-Greuther Furth Preview: League leaders return to action in local derby
Jupp Heynckes' side restart their assault on the Bundesliga by hosting their bottom-of-the-table Bavarian rivals on Saturday
By Enis Koylu
Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba
Muller, Kroos, Ribery
Zimmermann, Kleine, Sobiech, Baba
Klaus, Zillner, Stieber
Bayern Munich coach Jupp Heynckes has a near-full squad to pick from as he prepares for his final 17 games in the Bundesliga. The only notable absence is Holger Badstuber, who is out for the rest of the season with an anterior cruciate ligament injury.
Franck Ribery missed training earlier in the week, but will be fine to start, while Arjen Robben is ready to play once more having recovered from a muscle injury which troubled him in the first half of the season.
Meanwhile, Greuther Furth will without several players. Issa Ndoye (ankle), Michael Hefele (foot), Heinrich Schmidtgal (knee), Edgar Prib and Sebastian Tyrala (ACL) are all injured, while skipper Megrim Mavraj is suspended.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Bayern Munich overcame Greuther Furth at the Allianz Arena 6-2 in the quarter-final of the 2009-10 DFB-Pokal, with Thomas Muller, Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery and Philipp Lahm all finding the target.
- The Roten's final game before the winter break was also a Bavarian derby - a 2-0 win over Augsburg in the the third round of the DFB-Pokal.
- It was announced on Wednesday that Jupp Heynckes (pictured, right) would be calling time on his third spell in charge at Bayern. He has won two Bundesliga titles and three cups with Bayern.
- Greuther Furth have lost all three of their matches against Bayern in history, including a 3-0 home loss on the opening day of the season.
- Midfielder Stephan Furstner spent 11 years in Munich, making one Bundesliga appearance in the 2006-07 season.
- Furth have not won any of their last 15 games - their most recent Bundesliga triumph coming at Mainz on matchday two in August.
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
FC Bayern München 4-0 SpVgg Greuther Fürth
- 16.07 %
FC Bayern München 3-0 SpVgg Greuther Fürth
- 15.87 %
FC Bayern München 5-0 SpVgg Greuther Fürth
- 10.02 %
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Jan 19, 2013||FC Bayern München 2 - SpVgg Greuther Fürth 0|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Aug 25, 2012||SpVgg Greuther Fürth 0 - FC Bayern München 3|
|Germany - DFB-Pokal (GERC)||Feb 11, 2010||FC Bayern München 6 - SpVgg Greuther Fürth 2|
|FC Bayern München|
|Dec 5, 2013||FC Augsburg 0 - FC Bayern München 2||GERC|
|Nov 30, 2013||FC Bayern München 2 - Eintracht Braunschweig 0||BUN|
|Nov 28, 2013||CSKA Moscow 1 - FC Bayern München 3||UCL|
|Nov 24, 2013||Borussia Dortmund 0 - FC Bayern München 3||BUN|
|Nov 9, 2013||FC Bayern München 3 - FC Augsburg 0||BUN|
|SpVgg Greuther Fürth|
|Dec 1, 2013||SpVgg Greuther Fürth 1 - FC Energie Cottbus 0||2.BL|
|Nov 26, 2013||TSV 1860 München 1 - SpVgg Greuther Fürth 0||2.BL|
|Nov 9, 2013||SpVgg Greuther Fürth 3 - SC Paderborn 07 0||2.BL|
|Nov 2, 2013||FC Erzgebirge Aue 2 - SpVgg Greuther Fürth 6||2.BL|
|Oct 26, 2013||SpVgg Greuther Fürth 0 - FC Ingolstadt 1||2.BL|
|5||Daniel Van Buyten||Defender|
|18||Abdul Rahman Baba||Defender|
Times In MYT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed