Liverpool - Swansea Preview: Swans hope to rediscover away form against inconsistent Reds
The Welsh side have won just one of their last six games away from the Liberty Stadium and travel to face a Reds side who have not won in their last three Premier League games
By Chris Teale
Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique
Henderson, Allen, Lucas, Gerrard, Downing
Rangel, Williams, Monk, Davies
Dyer, De Guzman, Ki, Hernandez, Routledge
Liverpool have very few new concerns going into this game. Daniel Sturridge remains sidelined with a thigh injury, although he could make the bench.
Other than that, manager Brendan Rodgers has no new worries, although he may rotate his squad given their Europa League trip to Russia on Thursday night.
Swansea also have few injury concerns going into the match at Anfield.
Midfielder Leon Britton is a doubt for this game with an ankle injury, although he may make the bench and Chico Flores (ankle) is a long-term injury problem, and may not be available until next month.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Liverpool are without a win in four games in all competitions, but have won five of their last seven home games in the league.
- The Reds have not scored against the Swans since they were promoted to the Premier League last season, drawing two and losing one.
- Liverpool are the first team in Europe’s top five leagues to have 500 shots this season.
- These teams have faced each other twice in all competitions this season. They played out a 0-0 at the Liberty Stadium in the Premier League while Swansea took a 3-1 win in their Capital One Cup clash thanks to goals from Chico Flores, Jonathan de Guzman and Nathan Dyer (pictured).
- Swansea have won just one of their last six away games in the league.
- Michael Laudrup's men have conceded just five goals in the opening 30 minutes of games in the Premier League, the joint least with Stoke and Tottenham.
- The Swans have dropped just two points from leading positions this season. They are 13/2 to draw 1-1 with Liverpool with bet365.
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Liverpool 2-1 Swansea City
- 15.14 %
Liverpool 2-0 Swansea City
- 13.68 %
Liverpool 3-1 Swansea City
- 9.47 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Feb 17, 2013||Liverpool 5 - Swansea City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 25, 2012||Swansea City 0 - Liverpool 0|
|England - Capital One Cup (League Cup) (CCUP)||Nov 1, 2012||Liverpool 1 - Swansea City 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||May 13, 2012||Swansea City 1 - Liverpool 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 5, 2011||Liverpool 0 - Swansea City 0|
|May 19, 2013||Liverpool 1 - QPR 0||EPL|
|May 12, 2013||Fulham 1 - Liverpool 3||EPL|
|May 5, 2013||Liverpool 0 - Everton 0||EPL|
|Apr 28, 2013||Newcastle United 0 - Liverpool 6||EPL|
|Apr 21, 2013||Liverpool 2 - Chelsea FC 2||EPL|
|25||José Reina Paez||Goalkeeper|
|20||Jonathan De Guzmán||Midfielder|
Times In MYT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed