Swansea City - West Brom Preview: Baggies looking to extend their four-match winning streak
The Swans have the chance to record their longest unbeaten run since promotion to the Premier League when they host Steve Clarke's surprise package, who are also in form
By Al Hain-Cole
Rangel, Chico, Williams, Davies
De Guzman, Britton
Pablo, Ki, Routledge
Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell
Odemwingie, Gera, Brunt
Ki Sung-Yueng, who came on as a half-time substitute against Liverpool, has returned to full fitness and should start.
Itay Schechter's anonymous performance in Sunday's 0-0 draw could see him drop out, with Michu moving up front from his attacking midfield role.
Long-term absentees Michel Vorm (groin) and Neil Taylor (ankle) are still missing, with Gerhard Tremmel and Ben Davies to continue in their places.
Ben Foster is taking longer than expected to return from his groin injury, meaning Boaz Myhill will continue to deputise for the former England goalkeeper.
Youssuf Mulumbu was ruled out of Saturday's win at Sunderland due to a hamstring injury, and is expected to miss out once again at the Liberty Stadium.
Craig Dawson remains sidelined with an eye injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Swansea have won three of their last four league meetings with West Brom.
- However, The Swans are undefeated in 9 of their last 10 home matches in the Premier League.
- If they avoid defeat on Wednesday the hosts will have gone five games unbeaten, setting a new Premier League club record.
- Only Luis Suarez, Demba Ba and Robin Van Persie have scored more Premier League goals than Michu (pictured right) this season. The £2 million summer signing from Rayo Vallecano has hit seven goals in 13 games for Michael Laudrup's men
- West Brom are enjoying their best start to a top-flight season since 1953-54, when they went on to finish second in the old First Division.
- Steve Clarke's side have won their last four consecutive games - their best ever Premier League run.
The Baggies are 16/1 with Bet365 to extend that run with a 2-0 win in this game.
- They have not recorded a longer winning streak in the top-flight since winning six in a row in 1979.
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Swansea City 1-2 West Bromwich Albion
- 19.33 %
Swansea City 2-1 West Bromwich Albion
- 10.12 %
Swansea City 1-1 West Bromwich Albion
- 9.51 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 15, 2014||Swansea City 1 - West Bromwich Albion 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 1, 2013||West Bromwich Albion 0 - Swansea City 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 9, 2013||West Bromwich Albion 2 - Swansea City 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 29, 2012||Swansea City 3 - West Bromwich Albion 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Feb 4, 2012||West Bromwich Albion 1 - Swansea City 2|
|Apr 19, 2014||Newcastle United 1 - Swansea City 2||EPL|
|Apr 13, 2014||Swansea City 0 - Chelsea FC 1||EPL|
|Apr 5, 2014||Hull City 1 - Swansea City 0||EPL|
|Mar 29, 2014||Swansea City 3 - Norwich City 0||EPL|
|Mar 26, 2014||Arsenal FC 2 - Swansea City 2||EPL|
|20||Jonathan De Guzmán||Midfielder|
|-||Sebastien Gabriel Tamaş||Defender|
Times In MYT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed