Stoke - Swansea Preview: Pulis looking to halt 11-match winless streak
The Potters are yet to taste victory this season after two draws and a loss, whilst Michael Laudrup’s Swans will be hoping to bounce back after defeat to Everton
By Dale Jones
Cameron, Huth, Shawcross, Wilson
Kightly, Adam, Walters
Rangel, Chico, A Williams, Davies
De Guzman, Michu, Routledge
Stoke could name an unchanged side from the one that lost to Chelsea last weekend with only Matthew Etherington a possible inclusion in the starting line-up.
There are no new injury worries for the home team and Jamie Ness (groin) could be in contention for a place on the bench if he recovers in time.
For the visitors, Chico is expected come back into the side after his suspension although Garry Monk could start after his League Cup heroics in midweek.
Summer signing Pablo Hernandez picked up a knock (knee) and Nathan Dyer is suspended, so midfielder Jonathan De Guzman could be forced to play out wide.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Stoke have only won once in their last 16 Premier League outings. However they are currently unbeaten in nine at the Britannia, a run that started with last season’s 2-0 win over Swansea.
- Despite being known for their attacking set pieces, Stoke have conceded 60% of their goals from set-plays, the highest proportion in the league.
- Stoke have lost none of their last eight home games against other 'Citys' in the Premier League (W4 D4 L0).
- Tony Pulis’s side have won none of the last 11 (W0 D8 L3).
- Swansea have allowed a joint-high 30 shots on target against them this season.
- None of Swansea’s 10 Premier League goals have come from set pieces.
- The Swans have made the lowest percentage of their passes in the final third (23 per cent), while Stoke have made the highest (40%).
- Swansea have lost all three Premier League games away from home against other 'Citys'.
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Stoke City 1-2 Swansea City
- 14.21 %
Stoke City 2-1 Swansea City
- 14.21 %
Stoke City 1-1 Swansea City
- 12.63 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 11, 2013||Swansea City 3 - Stoke City 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 19, 2013||Swansea City 3 - Stoke City 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 29, 2012||Stoke City 2 - Swansea City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Feb 26, 2012||Stoke City 2 - Swansea City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 2, 2011||Swansea City 2 - Stoke City 0|
|Dec 7, 2013||Stoke City 3 - Chelsea FC 2||EPL|
|Dec 5, 2013||Stoke City 0 - Cardiff 0||EPL|
|Nov 30, 2013||Everton 4 - Stoke City 0||EPL|
|Nov 23, 2013||Stoke City 2 - Sunderland 0||EPL|
|Nov 11, 2013||Swansea City 3 - Stoke City 3||EPL|
|20||Jonathan De Guzmán||Midfielder|