Bosnia & Herzegovina - Brazil Preview: Mano Menezes' men face tricky Balkan test without Kaka, Robinho and Maicon
The Selecao will be without some high-profile players as they get to face Safet Susic's men, who missed out on Euro 2012 after they were knocked out by Portugal in a play-off tie
By Tom Webber
BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA
Spahic, Jahic, Papac
Salihovic, Pjanic, Rahimic, Misimovic, Lulic
Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Marcelo
Lucas Moura, Ganso, Neymar
Bosnia & Herzegovina coach Safet Susic has hinted the he may field two strikers in the form of Edin Dzeko and Vedad Ibisevic, meaning a defender could be compromised in order to accommodate what is a talented midfield.
Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Mehmed Alispahic is likely to be given a run-out as the trainer looks to make minimal alterations to his core squad.
After only being able to select foreign-based players for the friendlies with Gabon and Egypt, Mano Menezes had no restrictions this time around. However, Robinho, Kaka, Alexandre Pato and Maicon have all been snubbed by the coach.
Danilo had to withdraw through injury and his former team-mate at Santos, Rafael, is doubtful after picking up a knock. Jonas and Hernanes are in with a strong chance to start, following their impressive performances against Gabon and Egypt in the Selecao's previous outing.
||DID YOU KNOW|
- Bosnia & Herzegovina were defeated by Portugal at the play-off stage of qualifying for both World Cup 2010 and Euro 2012.
- The Balkan side have not won a game since their 5-0 triumph over Luxembourg in October 2011.
- Susic's team are currently positioned 19th in the FIFA rankings, the highest in the nation's history.
Brazil ended as winners the last time these two nations met in 1996. A 20-year-old Ronaldo scored the only goal of the game with a superb free kick.
- Menezes' men are unbeaten in seven matches. Their last defeat was inflicted by Germany, who defeated the Selecao 3-2.
- Ronaldinho could become the joint-seventh most capped Brazilian player alongside Gilmar on 94 caps, should he make an appearance. A goal would see him move to joint-sixth top scorer alongside Rivaldo on 34 goals.
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Bosnia 2-1 Brazil
- 20.05 %
Bosnia 1-3 Brazil
- 11.71 %
Bosnia 0-3 Brazil
- 10.02 %
|International Friendlies (FR)||Feb 29, 2012||Bosnia 1 - Brazil 2|
|Mar 6, 2014||Bosnia 0 - Egypt 2||FR|
|Nov 19, 2013||Argentina 2 - Bosnia 0||FR|
|Oct 16, 2013||Lithuania 0 - Bosnia 1||WCQE|
|Oct 12, 2013||Bosnia 4 - Liechtenstein 1||WCQE|
|Sep 11, 2013||Slovakia 1 - Bosnia 2||WCQE|
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed