Swansea City - Liverpool Preview: Reds hoping to end season with Merseyside bragging rights
Both clubs will be looking to finish as high as possible in the Premier League, with Dalglish's men having the extra incentive of pipping rivals Everton to seventh
By John Christodoulou
Rangel, Caulker, Williams, Taylor
Dyer, Sigurdsson, Sinclair
Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique
Henderson, Gerrard, Shelvey, Downing
Liverpool may make few changes from the side which was victorious over Chelsea in midweek, with Andy Carroll keeping his place ahead of Craig Bellamy after some strong displays in recent weeks.
The Reds will be playing for pride at the Liberty Stadium as they look to leapfrog their local rivals to seventh in the Premier League, so manager Kenny Dalglish may play his strongest side to end the season on a high.
|6/1||Luis Suarez is 6/1 with William Hill to score two or more goals when Liverpool play Swansea on Sunday.|
Only central midfielders Lucas and Charlie Adam are long term worries, both with knee injuries.
Swansea are likely to field a similar side to that which lost to Manchester United last time out and Leon Britton will most probably start after shaking off a knee injury to feature as a second-half substitute in that defeat.
Brendan Rodgers’ only long term injury concerns are Kemy Agustien and Ferrie Bodde, with ankle and knee issues respectively.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Swansea City have won just one of their last eight Premier League games.
- Kenny Dalglish’s men are one point behind their rivals Everton, and will be hoping to leapfrog them in the last game of the campaign.
- Liverpool have failed to score on the final day in the past two seasons but the Reds have only lost on the final day once in the past eight seasons.
- Against Chelsea on Tuesday night, the Merseyside club missed their fifth penalty of this league season, becoming the first team in Premier League history to do so.
- Swansea have failed to score in their last five games in all competitions against Liverpool.
- The win over Chelsea ensured the Reds have now scored four or more goals in a game in every season since they returned to the top-flight in 1962.
- The Swans side have made an average of 62 passes per shot attempted in the Premier League this season, 17 more than any other team.
- Stewart Downing has failed to hit the target with each of his last three penalties, and hasn’t converted any of his 72 shots this season.
- Swansea have only lost three times at the Liberty Stadium this season.
- Liverpool are the only Premier League team to have lost every away game in which they have fallen behind in this season (9 in total).
- Brendan Rodgers has urged Swans fans to attend the match dressed a Elvis, as bookmakers predicted at the beginning of the campaign that there was more chance of seeing the deceased rock ‘n’ roll singer than the Welsh side staying up.
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Swansea City 0-3 Liverpool
- 17 %
Swansea City 0-2 Liverpool
- 12.36 %
Swansea City 1-3 Liverpool
- 10 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 17, 2013||Swansea City 2 - Liverpool 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Feb 17, 2013||Liverpool 5 - Swansea City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 25, 2012||Swansea City 0 - Liverpool 0|
|England - Capital One Cup (League Cup) (CCUP)||Nov 1, 2012||Liverpool 1 - Swansea City 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||May 13, 2012||Swansea City 1 - Liverpool 0|
|Dec 15, 2013||Norwich City 1 - Swansea City 1||EPL|
|Dec 13, 2013||St. Gallen 1 - Swansea City 0||EL|
|Dec 10, 2013||Swansea City 1 - Hull City 1||EPL|
|Dec 5, 2013||Swansea City 3 - Newcastle United 0||EPL|
|Dec 2, 2013||Manchester City 3 - Swansea City 0||EPL|
Times In MYT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed