thumbnail Hello,


  • March 19, 2014
  • • 18:00
  • • Sân vận động Hàng Đẫy (Hang Day Stadium), Hà Nội (Hanoi)
  • Referee: J. Gillett
  • • Attendance: 3000

Ha Noi T&T 1-0 Selangor: Ha Noi continue winning streak

Ha Noi T&T 1-0 Selangor: Ha Noi continue winning streak

Đông Huyền

Ha Noi on target for qualification to knockout stage after a slim 1-0 win over Selangor at home

GOALBY    ZULHILMI ZAINAL     Follow on Twitter

Vietnamese side Ha Noi T&T made it nine points out the maximum nine in their 2014 AFC Cup group stage, after overcoming Selangor 1-0 this evening. Group F leaders Ha Noi have won their two previous matches of the competition going into the match, whereas Selangor had only managed two draws, to put them in the second place.
The home side dominated possession from the beginning, which they failed to convert due to their wastefulness. They were almost punished for this by the visitors in the 10th minute, when Junior Aparecido almost scored from a freekick. Luckily for Ha Noi, goalkeeper Nguyen Van Cong was a safe pair of hands.
In the 24th minute, Vu Samson almost opened the scoring through a header by Hoang Vu Samson following a cross from the right, but this time it was the Red Giants keeper Farizal Marlias' turn to shine.
Selangor's Brazilian striker Paulo Rangel almost broke the deadlock minutes before halftime, but his long-range effort went wide.
But Ha Noi did not need long to take the lead after the break, when Nguyen Van Quyet scored in the 51st minute. This time, Vu Samson turned provider by squaring the ball from the right, which was headed in by Van Quyet who was under minimal challenge from Selangor's defence.
Afiq Azmi was again brought on by Selangor head coach Mehmet Durakovic in attempt to rescue his team, much like what transpired in their domestic match last Saturday, but again his first attempt in the match only narrowly missed the target, like what happened last Saturday. In the 69th minute, he headed a cross from Fitri Shazwan, but Van Cong again saved his team's hide.
The 1-0 scoreline stood until the final whistle.