Everton - Oldham Preview: Toffees looking to seal quarter-final tie against Wigan
David Moyes’ side were within seconds of progressing before a dramatic Latics equaliser forced a replay but the Premier League outfit will be hoping to finally get through
By Shane Farrington
Neville, Jagielka, Distin, Baines
Mirallas, Fellaini, Pienaar, Osman
Brown, M'Voto, Tarkowski, Grounds
Croft, Wesolowski, Baxter, Obita
Everton boss David Moyes is poised to name a strong side as he looks to reach the quarter-finals. There are set to be a number of changes made from the team which lost 2-1 to Norwich.
Phil Neville, Kevin Mirallas and Victor Anichebe could all come into the starting XI, with the latter starting up front alongside Nikica Jelavic. However, right-back Tony Hibbert (calf) remains on the sidelines.
As for the visitors, caretaker boss Tony Philliskirk is set to name ex-Everton man Jose Baxter in his starting line-up.
Philliskirk is likely to have to ponder whether to name a five-man midfield or go with two up front. If he chooses the latter then goalscoring hero Matt Smith may start in attack alongside on-loan Watford striker Chris Iwelumo.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini (pictured), is currently enjoying his best-ever goalscoring season for the club - with 11 goals in all competitions so far. He is 17/4 to score the first goal with BetVictor.
- The Toffees have won the FA Cup five times - in 1906, 1933, 1966, 1984 and 1995. They have also been losing finalists on eight occasions.
- Of the six yellow cards Fellaini has picked up this season in the Premier League, only one has been at home, while he was also given a retrospective three-game ban for headbutting Stoke defender Ryan Shawcross in their away match.
- Oldham are one of five non-Premier League sides still remaining in the FA Cup - the other teams are Barnsley, Middlesbrough, Millwall and Blackburn.
- Former Everton midfielder Jose Baxter is the League One side's current top scorer - with 12 goals.
- The Latics' best-ever finishes in the FA Cup have all been reaching the semi-finals - in 1912-13, 1989-90 and 1993-94.
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Everton 2-0 Oldham Athletic
- 17.37 %
Everton 2-1 Oldham Athletic
- 12.63 %
Everton 3-1 Oldham Athletic
- 11.58 %
|England - FA Cup (FA)||Feb 27, 2013||Everton 3 - Oldham Athletic 1|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||Feb 17, 2013||Oldham Athletic 2 - Everton 2|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||Jan 5, 2008||Everton 0 - Oldham Athletic 1|
|May 19, 2013||Chelsea FC 2 - Everton 1||EPL|
|May 12, 2013||Everton 2 - West Ham United 0||EPL|
|May 5, 2013||Liverpool 0 - Everton 0||EPL|
|Apr 27, 2013||Everton 1 - Fulham 0||EPL|
|Apr 20, 2013||Sunderland 1 - Everton 0||EPL|
Times In MYT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed