Stoke City - Manchester City Preview: Visitors looking to continue unbeaten run in 2013
The last five meetings between these sides at the Britannia Stadium have ended 1-1 after 90 minutes but both sides will be out for a win as they clash in the FA Cup fourth round
By Shane Farrington
Whitehead, Huth, Shawcross, Cameron
Whelan, Adam, Nzonzi, Etherington
Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov
Nasri, Aguero, Silva
Stoke City boss Tony Pulis could make a couple of changes from the side which lost to Swansea, with Thomas Sorensen likely to be given a chance to impress in goal.
Cameron Jerome and Kenwyne Jones are both pushing for starts but Jonathan Walters and Peter Crouch are likely to retain their starting berths - with the latter usually impressing against City.
Rory Delap (hernia) and Marc Wilson (broken leg) both remain sidelined.
As for the visitors, Roberto Mancini is also likely to change his goalkeeper, with Costel Pantilimon set to replace Joe Hart between the sticks.
Joleon Lescott and Aleksandar Kolarov could also be handed rare starts whilst Samir Nasri and Jack Rodwell remain in contention.
Further forward, Sergio Aguero is likely to get an opportunity to boost his fitness levels, possibly in place of fellow Argentine Carlos Tevez, while Mario Balotelli is again set to be on the bench.
Right-back duo Maicon and Micah Richards (knee injuries) are both still out.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Stoke reached the fourth round after overcoming Championship side Crystal Palace 4-1 in extra time of their replay tie.
- Jonathan Walters (pictured right) is currently the Potters' top scorer, having found the back of the net eight times so far this season.
- Manchester City have won all four of their matches in 2013 without conceding a single goal - beating Stoke, Arsenal and Fulham in the Premier League and Watford in the FA Cup third round.
- The last five matches between these two teams at the Britannia Stadium have finished 1-1 after 90 minutes.
- These sides played out the 2011 FA Cup final at Wembley. Yaya Toure netted the only goal to win the trophy for Roberto Mancini’s side.
- Edin Dzeko is City's top scorer in all competitions, having netted 11 times.
Dzeko is 7/5 with Bet365 to score anytime in this match.
- The visitors have won the FA Cup five times - in 1904, 1934, 1956, 1969, and 2011.
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Stoke City 1-3 Manchester City
- 14.71 %
Stoke City 0-3 Manchester City
- 10.66 %
Stoke City 0-2 Manchester City
- 10.5 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Feb 22, 2014||Manchester City 1 - Stoke City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 14, 2013||Stoke City 0 - Manchester City 0|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||Jan 26, 2013||Stoke City 0 - Manchester City 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 1, 2013||Manchester City 3 - Stoke City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 15, 2012||Stoke City 1 - Manchester City 1|
|Apr 19, 2014||Cardiff City 1 - Stoke City 1||EPL|
|Apr 12, 2014||Stoke City 1 - Newcastle United 0||EPL|
|Apr 6, 2014||Chelsea FC 3 - Stoke City 0||EPL|
|Mar 29, 2014||Stoke City 1 - Hull City 0||EPL|
|Mar 24, 2014||Aston Villa 1 - Stoke City 4||EPL|
Times In MYT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed