thumbnail Hello,
Legia Warsaw sold to chief executive

Legia Warsaw sold to chief executive

soccerex

ITI Group, the owners of Polish soccer side Legia Warsaw, has sold the club to its chief executive, Boguslaw Lesnodorski, and his business partner Dariusz Mioduski.

ITI Group, the owners of Polish soccer side Legia Warsaw, has sold the club to its chief executive, Boguslaw Lesnodorski, and his business partner Dariusz Mioduski.

Under the agreement Mioduski, a former supervisory board member at the club, has acquired an 80 per cent shareholding, with Lesnodorski taking the remaining 20 per cent.

A statement released by the club confirmed that the parties have agreed not to disclose the financial terms of the agreement.

“I am very happy, because acquiring Legia is a combination of my personal passions and dreams, with the competences I have acquired over 24 years of professional activities as a lawyer, manager and investor,” said Mioduski in the club’s statement. “I have long-term and very ambitious plans for Legia.”

Mioduski, the former chief executive of Kulczyk Investments, will head up the club’s supervisory board, whilst Lesnodorski will remain in his current role as chief executive.

Legia Warsaw enjoyed a successful 2012/2013 campaign, winning both the Ekstraklasa, Polish soccer’s top division, and the Polish Cup.

From the web