thumbnail Hello,

Kenyan club AFC Leopards' now face an uphill task as they must score three clear goals in return of Caf Confederation Cup to advance to next round

AFC Leopards' went down 2-0 to SuperSport United in Saturday's Caf Confederations Cup match played at the Lucas Moripe Stadium in Pretoria.

David Mathebula opened the scores in the 42nd minute heading home just before the half time break. The goal scorer rose to head home the opener while the tall AFC Leopards' defenders watched and will blame themselves for conceding  the goal.

Mathebula headed home from a Sameehg Doutie free-kick. The second goal for SuperSport came in the 87th minute through Benet Chenene with the easiest of efforts and once again the Leopard's back line are to blame for allowing the goal scorer to sneak between them and beat Wycliffe Kasaya with a low effort.

Ingwe now face an uphill task in the return match to be played in Nairobi after a weeks time, which they must win by three clear goals to go through to the next round. Leopards' missed three of their key players - goal poacher Allan Wanga, midfielder Peter Opiyo and dependable left-back Abdallah Juma - and it showed in the match.

The team looked compossed in the early minutes despite having arrived just a few hours earlier to the match and took the game to their opponents almost immediately. A fourth minute effort from influential midfielder Paul Were was the first open chance by Leopards'. The midfielder's hard shot from the edge of the box went inches wide with the SuperSport defense well beaten.

But the hosts, hit back almost immediately. In the 12th minute South African international Blessing Khumalo picked out dangerous forward Mame Niang with a floating free-kick which forced Wycliff Kasaya to come off his line and save the danger.

Hard tackling midfielder Musa Mudde was the first player to be cautioned on the pitch when he saw yellow in 19th minute for fouling Lebogang Manyama, who was later replaced by Jerry Chenene.

Leopards' also rested Paul Were for Augustine Etemesi late in the match. Another notable effort by Leopards' was Mudde's cross from the left flank which Martin Imbalambala failed to head home and whizzed past the SuperSport goal.

Leopards' could however, not keep up with the pace and were down three minutes to the break. Determined to restrict their opponents to a slim score or even pull one back in the match, Leopards' were the more ambitious side in the second half and had a couple of chances to level matters.

However, in the end it was their opponents, who scored the second goal, to put this match almost beyond the reach of Ingwe.