thumbnail Hello,

Batoto ba Mungu moved a step closer to successfully defending the title they won in the inaugural edition held in 2013 after dumping out lowly K'Ogalo

Sofapaka remained on course to defending Kenya Charity Cup title after hammering favourites Gor Mahia 3-1 in the second semi-final of the tournament at Nyayo Stadium on Saturday.

Batoto ba Mungu  will now face Mathare United in the final. The 'Slum Boys' qualified after edging out AFC Leopards' 3-2 on post match penalties. However, the match was trouble ridden as police lobbed teargas canisters before kick-off and at half time, causing the second half to delay by almost half an hour.

AFC Leopards' and Gor Mahia fans clashed after Ingwe were dumped out by Mathare United and police officers made the situation worse by lobbying tear gas canisters into the crowd. However, trouble subsided and the match started, but it would suffice again at half time when a group of Ingwe fans provoked their Gor counterparts, police again lobbying tear gas canisters.

At half time, Sofapaka led 1-0 with new signing Clifton Miheso netting the goal. Miheso shot with his weaker right foot into the roof of the net after Gor defense failed to clear away a long throw in from Enock Agwanda.

After the delayed start to the second half, Sofapaka continued with business and got their second in the 61st minute, Enock Agwanda shooting low from Anthony Kimani’s pass after making minced meat of the Gor Mahia defense.

Two minutes later, Miheso completed his brace with a low left footed shot at the edge of the box. Humphrey Mieno laid the ball for him after he cleverly beat the offside trap to pick up a pass from Antony Ndolo.

Gor Mahia pulled a late one with virtually the final kick of the game, David 'Calabar' Owino heading in from Innocent Mutiso’s corner. Coach Bobby Williamson had started with a strong side including the attacking quadruple of George Blackberry Odhiambo, Rama Salim, Shabaan Kenga and Danny Sserunkuma.

However, they never troubled much as the Sofapaka defense handled them well. George 'Blackberry' had the best chance with his swerving shot being saved by Duncan Ochieng.

“We are disappointed of course with the performance but again, this was a bad day for football with all the things that surrounded this match. We now have to focus on Saturday and work on our weaknesses,” Coach Bobby Williamson told Goal afterwards.