Jerim Onyango (captain)
Nasio, Emuge, Anguyo, Mosoti
Akumu, Otieno, Salim
Odhiambo, Sserenkuma, Omondi
Murwayi, Orenge, Mwanzo, Nyapala
Otuoma, Waweru, Kulecho
Chinjili, Mukaisi, Odhiambo
Gor Mahia will be without midfielder Joseph Njuguna when they take on Homeboyz at Mumias Complex on Sunday.
Njuguna was red carded after he punched Sony Sugar goalkeeper Wycliff Kasaya last Sunday during a heated match at City Stadium in a fixture that ended 1-1.
However, even without Njuguna, Gor still have what it takes to win this match because Kevin Omondi can easily fill his shoes.
Gor have always had great success at the venue given their consistent wins against Western Stima at the Complex and will be hoping they can extend the same record against Homeboyz.
For goals, Gor Mahia will call on Rama Salim and Dan Sserunkuma and are sure to enjoy the huge backing by their fans, who are expected to turn up in large numbers for this away fixture.
Homeboyz are in desperate need of a win considering they have won just once since the season started.
This is therefore, one match they cannot afford to drop points if they hope to recover from their slump and ease pressure on Coach Fred Serenge and relegation fears.
The Kakamega-based side will call on the experience of the likes of Francis Chinjili and Paul Odhiambo while youthful striker Dennis Mukaisi has a chance to prove what he is made up with a great performance against Gor Mahia in what promises to be a big stage.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Kakamega Homeboyz are enjoying their first season in top flight football after winning last year’s Division One Zone ‘B’ league.
- Homeboyz are the second team in Western Province featuring in the KPL and join Western Stima in the top flight.
- Homeboyz are owned by a Kakamega-based businessman Cleophas Shimanyula.
- This is the first match Gor Mahia are playing outside Nairobi. Next Sunday, they return to the same venue against Muhoroni Youth.
- Gor Mahia were runners-up in last season’s Kenyan Premier League (KPL) with the title slipping from their fingers on the last day of competition.
- Gor Mahia are currently the KPL top Eight champions and also the Football Kenya Federation (FKF) Cup holders.