AFC Leopards seek to end a poor run of results against Chemelil Sugar when the two sides clash in a Kenya Premier League KPL Top 8 match at Nyayo Stadium
Wafula, Nahimana, Kimani, Saleh
Imbalambala, Omoto, Were
Kadenge, Wanga, Wafula
Ouma, Omino, Odero, Ouma
Omondi, Mwaniki, Indimuli
Likonoh, Opondo, Obwoge
AFC Leopards coach Luc Eymael is already a frustrated man ahead of Wednesday’s Kenyan Premier League KPL Top 8 match against Chemelil Sugar at Nyayo Stadium.
Eymael did not train the team on Monday after a driver allocated to take him around allegedly failed to turn up at his hotel room and this is likely to have a bearing on Wednesday’s results.
The two teams go into the match after registering mixed results in their weekend league matches.
While Chemelil will be confident after stopping Kakamega Homeboyz 1-0, Leopards go into it cautious after failing to pick a win in the last two league matches.
Chemelil under former international Mike Mururi have shown a lot of consistency this season and have some experienced and veteran players to thank for that.
Experienced striker Tony Opondo has consistently been a thorn in the defense of opposing teams and will be a big asset against Leopards. Midfielder Gearson Likonoh is another reliable asset in the Chemelil side.
Having turned out for Leopards’ before, Likonoh will be highly motivated to take on his former club. In the Leopards side, the battle will be on how to convert their chances and here strikers Allan Wanga, Noah Wafula and Mike Barasa must raise their game.
New Leopards coach Luc Eymael will also be under pressure to pick his first victory in three matches. So far he has been in charge of two matches which have all ended in barren draws.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- AFC Leopards have not won their last two premiership matches after registering barren draws against KCB and Bandari.
AFC Leopards have never beaten Chemelil Sugar in the last three years and drew 1-1 in their last meeting in a first leg league match played at Kasarani.
Leopards won their last match played at Nyayo Stadium when they stopped Western Stima 1-0.
- Last year, Leopards pulled out of the top eight semi-final match against arch-rivals Gor Mahia citing insecurity.
- Chemelil are currently fourth in the KPL table standings after picking 12 points from eight matches.
- The sugar millers won 1-0 against Kakamega Homeboyz in their last league fixture played on Saturday at home.
- Chemelil has not lost in Nairobi since the season started and will be hoping this can inspire them.
Chemelil coach Mike Mururi is a former Kenyan international striker, who was promoted to the position this season..