thumbnail Hello,

Goal.com can report that the former Tusker tactician has been handed the job previously held by coach Francis Kimanzi and will be unveiled later this week

EXCLUSIVE
By Otieno Otieno

Former national team Harambee Stars coach Jacob 'Ghost' Mulee is set to be named the new Football Kenya Federation (FKF) Technical Director, we can exclusively reveal.

Mulee held meetings with top officials of the federation last week after which he was given the job and his unveiling is set to be announced later this week.

A top official of the federation, who requested not to be named, said they have settled on Mulee, since the previous holder of the post Francis Kimanzi has declined to take it up.

"Kimanzi has been playing hide and seek with the federation and has not indicated whether he will take up the position yet World governing body Fifa is putting a lot of pressure on Kenya FA to fill up the post."

"That is why we have settled on Mulee and he will be unveiled soon," the source told Goal.com.

Contacted, Mulee said he applied for the position and is waiting for word from the Kenya FA. "They asked us to apply and I did just like everybody else. I am waiting for them to come back to me on my status."

The position is considered by Fifa as key in running Kenyan soccer and delay in naming someone to take charge as always been a source of friction between the federation and the governing body.

Mulee is best remembered for having guided Stars to the 2004 Africa Cup of Nations finals in Tunisia. After that he has handled the team twice with little success.

He has also handled current Kenya league champions Tusker between 1999 and 2009 winning the title three times. He later coached Rwanda's APR and Young Africans of Tanzania.

He first took charge of Harambee Stars between 2003 and 2004 and returned for a brief second spell in 2005, which lasted just one day from December 16 to December 17. He returned for the third time in March 2007.

Mulee's fourth stint in charge of Kenya began in September 2010 before he quit the role in December 2010 following a run of three defeats in the 2010 Cecafa Senior Challenge Cup.

Related

From the web