The Robert Matano coached side will be keen to continue with their good run in the premiership when they travel to face Thika United in a top match on Saturday
Mbugua, Meja, Glay, Kizito
Odhiambo, Kahata, Kingatua
Miheso, Luvusti, Osera
Kiiza, Ochieng, Odhiambo, Shikokoti
Ochieng, Tololwa, Okoth
Were, Dunga, Olunga
Kenyan Premier League champions Tusker travel away to Thika on Saturday keen to continue with their good run in the competition.
However, it will not be an easy fixture for the brewers who face a team that has turned around their poor home record and is now mentioned every time the 2013 title contenders are talked about.
The Thika side will be desperate to bounce back to winning ways after losing 1-0 to Chemelil in a Kenyan Premier League (KPL) top eight match and also drew 1-1 with Sony Sugar on Monday in a league fixture.
Thika United's attack will be led by international attacking midfielder Francis Kahata. The player has raised his game considerably since coach John Kamau challenged him to start scoring goals.
Former Gor Mahia and KCB striker Ezekiel Odera is another dependable player at the Thika’s attacking options. Odera has the experience for such top matches and should be a great asset to his side.
Tusker's impressive away record makes them very dangerous at Thika. It is a side capable of picking all three points away and have the men capable of doing it.
The Tusker squad is among the most solid in the premiership and coach Robert Matano can afford to field three different teams and still get good results giving him an enviable depth enjoyed by only a few clubs.
The team will however, have to solve their scoring problems and here Jesse Were and Michael Olunga must work hard. They have towering defender Joseph Shikokoti as well to provide support at the front with his ability to score goals.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Thika United are currently placed second in the premiership standings with 17 points same as top placed Sofapaka, who however have a superior goal aggregate.
- Former Thika United striker Moses Arita moved to Tusker at the beginning of this season but he has struggled to get a starting place.
- Thika United are currently in the semi-finals of the KPL Top 8 tournament where they will play Chemelil Sugar in the first round return match after losing 1-0 in the first leg two weeks ago.
- Last season, Thika did Tusker a favor on the last day of the league after they held Gor Mahia 1-1 to allow the brewers to win the league title for the second year in a row.
- Tusker are currently placed eighth in the table standings but have played two matches less than the leading pack.
- Tusker were held to a barren draw by Ulinzi Stars in their last league match playd last Saturday at Nyayo Stadium.