Leopards parade at City Stadium just one week after stopping former league champions Ulinzi Stars 1-0, in a win that marked their third of the season
Wahome, Ochieng', Mwangi, Ojwang
Nzomo, Okello, Odongo
Ochieng, Mwaura, Mumina
Wafula, Nahimana, Kimani, Kiwalabye
Imbalambala, Omotto, Seda
Wanga, Wafula, Barasa
Will AFC Leopards make it two wins in a row? This will be the big question when the club takes on Mathare United in a premiership match at City Stadium on Saturday.
Leopards parade at City Stadium just one week after stopping former league champions Ulinzi 1-0 in Mumias, in a victory that marked their third of the season.
For most Leopards’ fans it was not just an ordinary win but one that has left them desiring for more which makes Saturday’s fixture more exciting.
Charles Okwemba, who scored the all important goal for Leopards last Saturday, has likely earned himself a starting place and he could provide attacking options at a time the likes of Allan Wanga and Mike Barasa are struggling to score.
On the other hand, Mathare United will be keen to end their bad run in the league, which has seen them go several matches without a win.
The team is fortunate to have a good number of experienced players like Kevin Ochieng, Lloyd Wahome and Edger Ochieng, who are able to withstand the pressure of such a high octane match.
Just like Leopards, United have also been struggling to score goals and will be hoping to end the dry run on Saturday.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- AFC Leopards are yet to win a match at City Stadium this season. The last time they played at the venue, the match ended 2-1 in favor of Nairobi City Stars.
- AFC Leopards goalkeeper Martin Musalia and defender Anthony Kimani are former Mathare United players.
- AFC Leopards have beaten Mathare United twice in their last six outings.
- Mathare United have registered the highest number of draws so far this season which stand at 11.
- Mathare United won the league in 2008 but have never been the same team again.
- Mathare United have beaten AFC Leopards only once in their last six outings.