After being banned from playing at Nyayo and Kasarani, AFC Leopards retreat to City Stadium where they host Tusker FC in a top of the bill fixture
Wafula, Nahimana, Kimani, Saleh
Imbalambala, Omotto, Were
Kadenge, Wanga, Wafula
Shikokoti, Ochieng', Opiyo, Ochieng'
Monda, Omunuk, Onyango
Wendo, Sekayomba, Werre
Troubled AFC Leopards host Kenyan premiership champions Tusker in a top of the bill fixture at City Stadium on Saturday.
Leopards have had a lot happening off-the pitch in the past 24 hours and it remains doubtful whether they will have the concentration to stop the defending champions.
The club’s KPL Top 8 match against Chemelil Sugar was abandoned on Wednesday night and a day later top striker Mike Barasa announced he had quit.
To make matters worse, the team has been banned from playing their matches at Kasarani and Nyayo and all this things may just conspire against Leopards.
However, on the other hand, this may just be the motivation to stop Tusker well aware that a win over the Ruaraka-based brewers’, will be a great motivation for the rest of their season.
Strikers Allan Wanga and Noah Wafula are left with the task of guiding Leopards following the resignation of Mike Barasa. Defender Edwin Wafula, who was sent off against Chemelil, gets a chance to return as the suspension does not affect participation in the league.
Tusker are not facing a good season either as they have just collected four points out of a possible 12.
The striking partnership of Robert Omunik and Jesse Were must be at their best on Saturday to give the much needed win over Leopards.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Tusker have never lost to Leopards in any competition since 1998.
- Tusker are currently placed 15th in the KPL standings after playing four matches.
- Tusker won the KPL in 2011 and 2012 but did not make it past the first round of the Caf Champions League tournament.
- Tusker have lost just once since the season started and it was a 1-0 defeat against Sony Sugar who are handled by a former Tusker coach Sammy Omollo.
- AFC Leopards have not won in their last three matches despite bringing on board new coach Luc Eymael.
- Leopards will have to look for an alternative home-ground after they were banned from using Nyayo and Kasarani due to crowd trouble.
- Leopards finished in third position last season after coming so close to winning the league.