New AFC Leopards coach Luc Eymael officially begins work when he guides his side against table toppers KCB in a premiership match at Mumias Complex Stadium
Wafula, Nahimana, Kimani, Saleh
Imbalambala, Omoto, Were
Kadenge, Wanga, Wafula
Warambo, Odhiambo, Omondi, Owuor
Oyando, Mwaura, Wainaina
Keli, Alwanga, Chaka
New AFC Leopards coach Luc Eymael officially begins work when he guides his side against table toppers Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) in a premiership match at Mumias Complex on Saturday.
The Belgian linked up with his new club on Friday just hours after arriving in the country to replace fired Tom Olaba.
He will be under pressure to produce quick results considering the level of despondency at the 13 times Kenyan champions after a poor start to the season that saw them win only two matches in six outings.
Going well for the coach is the fact that, Leopards won 3-0 against Homeboyz in a mid-week fixture and this may make his work easier considering that the players are already feeling motivated going into this fixture.
The coach said on arrival that his main task as he begins his reign at the club is to inculcate confidence in the playing unit something he believes will start to bring in results.
For goals Leopards will once again look up to new sensation Noah Wafula and Allan Wanga, whose combination may just be what the doctor prescribed for the club.
Leopards will need every motivation to pick all three points against the bankers enjoying a good run that has seen them occupy top spot in the standings since the season kicked-off.
KCB beat Ulinzi Stars last weekend and will be in the mood to extend it against Leopards. Clifford Alwanga and Jacon Keli are the main men for the bankers.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- AFC Leopards became the first team to fire a head coach this season after sending Tom Olaba packing on Monday.
- AFC Leopards have won only two matches out of their six outings and victory on Saturday will just be the third.
- AFC Leopards are playing just their second match at the Mumias Complex this season. The first match ended 3-0 in their favor against Homeboyz.
- This will be the first match for new coach Eymael (pictured) who was hired on Wednesday.
- KCB always start the season well just like they have done this year but their form dwindles towards the end of the season.
- The bankers are yet to lose even a single game this season and are currently at the top of the standings.
- KCB are handled by new coach Abdalla Juma, who was formerly at Thika United for seven years.
- KCB beat Leopards 2-0 in their last outing during their second leg fixture of the premiership.