Wounded Ingwe takes aim at K'Ogalo as Kenya's biggest match of the season gets underway at Nyayo Stadium on Sunday
Wafula, Nahimana, Kimani, Saleh
Imbalambala, Omoto, Were
Barasa, Wanga, Wafula
Owino, Emuge, Nassio, Mosoti
Akumu, Njuguna, Abondo
Sserunkuma, Lavasta, Salim
The biggest derby of the year gets underway at Nyayo Stadium with AFC Leopards under pressure to turn around a bad season.
Historically, current form has never mattered at derby time and Leopards could just get away with this one.
Wounded and with nothing to lose, Leopards should take it easy and just be themselves something that can rattle their opponents.
Leopards are expected to welcome back influential midfielder Patilla Omoto, who has recovered from injury.
The youthful midfielder will be key in distributing balls to the Leopards' front men Mike Barasa and Noah Wafula.
Gor Mahia coach Zradvo Logarusic has already proved that winning the league remains a major priority this season.
On Wednesday, he rested his key men when the team lost 1-0 to Tusker in a Top 8 match at Nyayo Stadium.
Therefore, Dan Sserunkuma and Rama Salim return back to the striking force with Ugandan import Israel Emuge taking care of matters at the back.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- As of November, 2012, AFC Leopards have won the 'Mashemeji' derby 25 times while Gor have won 21 times.
- This is the first time Leopards are playing at Nyayo Stadium since the Sports Stadia Management Board (SSMB) lifted a ban on the club after their fans caused violence during a KPL Top 8 match.
- Leopards coach Luc Eymael is a man under pressure as he faces his fifth match. The Belgian is yet to win since being hired by the club one month ago.
- In a space of three years, Gor have finished twice as runners-up in the premiership. The first time was in 2010 and then last season.
- It is Gor Mahia coach Zradvo Logarusic's first match in charge of the club in a derby played at Nyayo Stadium. His previous derbies have been played at Kasarani.
- Gor won their last league match 2-0 against Muhoroni Youth last Saturday in Nakuru.