Chelsea - Swansea Preview: Blues look to take home lead into semi-final second leg
The hosts go into the last-four clash looking to win their third League Cup in nine years, while the Swans have never before progressed beyond the fourth round
By Alex Hess
Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ivanovic, Bertrand
Mata, Oscar, Hazard
Rangel, Chico, Williams, Davies
Dyer, De Guzman, Routledge
Chelsea boss Rafa Benitez is likely to be without his first-choice goalkeeper, Petr Cech (groin), as well as his old Liverpool employee Yossi Benayoun (knee) for Wednseday's visit of Swansea.
John Terry (knee) is unlikely to make his return in the Capital One Cup semi final, while Oriol Romeu (knee) remains a long-term absentee.
Victor Moses and John Obi Mikel will also be unavalable for selection, having departed for the Africa Cup of Nations after Saturday's defeat of Southampton.
Neil Taylor (ankle) is the only player to be ruled out for the visitors, although Michael Laudrup may choose to rest top scorer Michu ahead of Saturday's trip to Everton.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chelsea have conceded more than one goal in a single game only once in 13 fixtures since Rafa Benitez took over. They did so 11 times in their 21 games under Roberto Di Matteo this season.
- The Blues have not scored less than five goals in any of their four domestic cup games so far this season, netting an astonishing 21 in total.
- Swansea's form in front of goal in their own Capital One Cup campaign is almost as impressive, having averaged 2.5 goals per game across their three fixtures.
- In the 100 years since they were founded, the Welsh club had never advanced further than the fourth round of the League Cup until this campaign.
- Swansea's highest ever top-tier finish was sixth place, in 1982. By contrast, their manager, Michael Laudrup (pictured right), has finished in first place seven times, in four different countries.
- Between them, these two sides have lost only one game in their combined last ten matches in all competitions.
Top 3 Predictions
Chelsea FC 3-1 Swansea City
- 19.76 %
Chelsea FC 3-0 Swansea City
- 9.6 %
Chelsea FC 4-1 Swansea City
- 8.54 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Apr 13, 2014||Swansea City 0 - Chelsea FC 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 26, 2013||Chelsea FC 1 - Swansea City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Apr 28, 2013||Chelsea FC 2 - Swansea City 0|
|England - Capital One Cup (League Cup) (CCUP)||Jan 23, 2013||Swansea City 0 - Chelsea FC 0|
|England - Capital One Cup (League Cup) (CCUP)||Jan 9, 2013||Chelsea FC 0 - Swansea City 2|
|Apr 19, 2014||Chelsea FC 1 - Sunderland 2||EPL|
|Apr 13, 2014||Swansea City 0 - Chelsea FC 1||EPL|
|Apr 8, 2014||Chelsea FC 2 - Paris Saint-Germain 0||UCL|
|Apr 5, 2014||Chelsea FC 3 - Stoke City 0||EPL|
|Apr 2, 2014||Paris Saint-Germain 3 - Chelsea FC 1||UCL|
|20||Jonathan De Guzmán||Midfielder|
Times In EAT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed