Juventus-Fiorentina Preview: Bianconeri embark on big week
With the Serie A leaders set to continue their Champions League campaign on Tuesday, three points would be the perfect tonic to kick-start four crucial days
By Alec Fenn
Barzagli, Marrone, Caceres
Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, De Ceglie
Roncaglia, Rodriguez, Savic
Cuadrado, Romulo, Pizarro, Valero, Pasqual
Juventus displayed their battling qualities at just the right time last Saturday, as they defeated Chievo 2-1 and they will need much more of the same over the course of the next seven days.
With the Bianconeri resuming Champions League duties with a last 16 clash against Celtic on Tuesday, Fiorentina are a domestic obstacle they must first overcome.
Viola and head coach Vincenzo Montella have received plaudits for their season so far, with the club in sixth spot on 39 points going into the weekend, but Juve will still be confident of seeing off the Florence outfit and maintaining their three-point advantage at the top of the table.
Giorgio Chiellini, Simone Pepe and Nicklas Bendtner are all absent through injury, while Leonardo Bonucci serves the final game of a two-match ban.
Fiorentina will be without Matias Fernandez, Michele Camporese, Giuseppe Rossi and Ahmed Hegazy, as they look to build on a solid 2-0 victory over Parma in their last outing.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Juventus are undefeated in 35 of their last 38 matches in Serie A.
- The Bianconeri are also unbeaten in their last nine games against Fiorentina in all competitions.
- The last clash between the two sides ended in a drab 0-0 draw in Florence back in September.
- Juve have won three, drawn two and lost one of their last five league games.
- Viola possess the highest scorer of any player in both sides, with Stevan Jovetic finding the back of the net nine times this season.
- On average, there have been over 2.5 goals scored in Fiorentina's last six away games in Serie A.
- Midfielder Borja Valero has eight assists to his name from midfield. Arturo Vidal has set up six of his side's goals this season.
|Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
Top 3 Predictions
Juventus 2-0 Fiorentina
- 21.57 %
Juventus 3-0 Fiorentina
- 12.87 %
Juventus 2-1 Fiorentina
- 12.78 %
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Feb 9, 2013||Juventus 2 - Fiorentina 0|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Sep 25, 2012||Fiorentina 0 - Juventus 0|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Mar 17, 2012||Fiorentina 0 - Juventus 5|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Oct 25, 2011||Juventus 2 - Fiorentina 1|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Apr 17, 2011||Fiorentina 0 - Juventus 0|
|May 18, 2013||Sampdoria 3 - Juventus 2||ITA1|
|May 11, 2013||Juventus 1 - Cagliari 1||ITA1|
|May 8, 2013||Atalanta 0 - Juventus 1||ITA1|
|May 5, 2013||Juventus 1 - Palermo 0||ITA1|
|Apr 28, 2013||Torino 0 - Juventus 2||ITA1|
|11||Paolo De Ceglie||Defender|
|11||Juan Guillermo Cuadrado||Midfielder|
|20||Borja Valero Iglesias||Midfielder|
|9||Mounir El Hamdaoui||Striker|
|18||Marcelo Alejandro Larrondo||Striker|
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed