Chelsea - Tottenham Preview: London rivals go head-to-head in top-four showdown
Andre Villas-Boas returns to Stamford Bridge for the first time since he was dismissed as Blues' manager last season as the race for Champions League football heats up
By Husmukh Kerai
Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill, Cole
Oscar, Mata, Hazard
Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto
Lennon, Dempsey, Bale
Chelsea should have Eden Hazard back after the Belgium international missed the weekend's trip to Manchester United with a calf injury.
He should replace Victor Moses in Rafa Benitez's side with John Terry likely to once again start on the bench. The Blues also have doubts over John Obi Mikel (shin).
Moussa Dembele may not start for Tottenham after he limped off during Spurs' win over Southampton, but he is in the squad. Lewis Holtby replaced the midfielder on Saturday and will probably do so again from the start at Stamford Bridge.
Aaron Lennon played an hour on his return from injury on Saturday and came through the game unscathed meaning he should be in line for another start on Wednesday.
Jake Livermore has recovered, but William Gallas (calf), Younes Kaboul (groin) and Sandro (knee) are all out.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chelsea have won each of their last six home games in the Premier League.
- Juan Mata (pictured right) has scored three times in his last two appearances against Tottenham in all competitions.
- Tottenham have never won a Premier League match at Stamford Bridge in 20 visits.
- No player has scored more goals away from home this season in the Premier League than Gareth Bale.
- Jermain Defoe netted in each of his first two Premier League appearances at Stamford Bridge, but has failed to score in the seven since.
- On only one occasion this season have Tottenham failed to score away from home in the league.
Tottenham managed only four shots last weekend, fewer than any other team playing on Saturday or Sunday.
Top 3 Predictions
Chelsea FC 3-1 Tottenham
- 19.27 %
Chelsea FC 2-1 Tottenham
- 16.22 %
Chelsea FC 2-0 Tottenham
- 11.08 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 8, 2014||Chelsea FC 4 - Tottenham 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 28, 2013||Tottenham 1 - Chelsea FC 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||May 8, 2013||Chelsea FC 2 - Tottenham 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 20, 2012||Tottenham 2 - Chelsea FC 4|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||Apr 15, 2012||Tottenham 1 - Chelsea FC 5|
|Apr 13, 2014||Swansea City 0 - Chelsea FC 1||EPL|
|Apr 8, 2014||Chelsea FC 2 - Paris Saint-Germain 0||UCL|
|Apr 5, 2014||Chelsea FC 3 - Stoke City 0||EPL|
|Apr 2, 2014||Paris Saint-Germain 3 - Chelsea FC 1||UCL|
|Mar 29, 2014||Crystal Palace 1 - Chelsea FC 0||EPL|
Times In EAT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed