- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Arsenal - Manchester City Preview: Mancini's men aim to stay on United's trail
The visitors need all three points to stay in the title race while the Gunners will hope for a home win to keep alive their hopes of Champions League qualification
By Husmukh Kerai
Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Podolski
Zabaleta, Nastasic, Kompany, Clichy
Silva, Tevez, Milner
Olivier Giroud (knee) faces a late fitness test ahead of the match after picking up a knock against Swansea last time out, while Abou Diaby came through an hour for the reserves unscathed but is unlikely to be risked against Manchester City.
Lukas Fabianski (ankle) is two to three weeks away from resuming full training.
Roberto Mancini takes his side to the Emirates Stadium with a number of key players missing. Yaya Toure and Kolo Toure have both joined up with the Ivory Coast national squad ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations.
Sergio Aguero (hamstring) has been ruled out while former Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri is still serving a suspension after his red card against Norwich.
Aleksander Kolarov (groin), Maicon (knee), Micah Richards (knee) and Jack Rodwell (hamstring) are all long-term absentees.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Arsenal have missed their last three penalties taken against Manchester City.
- Theo Walcott (pictured) is statistically the Gunners' most productive player so far this season with 15 goals and 6 assists in all competitions.
- The last player to score in the Premier League for Manchester City at Arsenal was Demarcus Beasley, way back in the 2006-07 season.
- There have been four dismissals in the last five Premier League meetings between to the two sides, with Mario Balotelli seeing red in City's last visit to the Emirates.
- Manchester City have allowed the opposition just 56 shots on target against them this season, the fewest in the Premier League.
- Despite the attacking talent on display, there have been just five goals in the last six meetings in all competitions between Arsenal and City at the Emirates Stadium.
- City have conceded a higher proportion of goals from outside the box than any other team in the Premier League. They are 14/1 to win 2-0 with bet365.
|Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
Top 3 Predictions
Arsenal FC 2-1 Manchester City
- 18.32 %
Arsenal FC 3-1 Manchester City
- 8.93 %
Arsenal FC 2-0 Manchester City
- 7.28 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 13, 2013||Arsenal FC 0 - Manchester City 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 23, 2012||Manchester City 1 - Arsenal FC 1|
|Club Friendlies (FR)||Jul 27, 2012||Arsenal FC 0 - Manchester City 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Apr 8, 2012||Arsenal FC 1 - Manchester City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 18, 2011||Manchester City 1 - Arsenal FC 0|
|May 19, 2013||Newcastle United 0 - Arsenal FC 1||EPL|
|May 14, 2013||Arsenal FC 4 - Wigan Athletic 1||EPL|
|May 4, 2013||QPR 0 - Arsenal FC 1||EPL|
|Apr 28, 2013||Arsenal FC 1 - Man. United 1||EPL|
|Apr 20, 2013||Fulham 0 - Arsenal FC 1||EPL|
|Returns:||Arsenal FC $27.50||Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
|Returns:||Draw $31.00||Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
|Returns:||Manchester City $26.20||Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
Times In EAT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed