- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Manchester United - West Brom Preview: High-flying Baggies out to scupper seven-point lead for hosts
The Red Devils opened up a big advantage over Manchester City with a last-gasp win over Newcastle, but Steve Clarke's men could well punish Sir Alex Ferguson's leaky defence
By Tom J Doyle
Smalling, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra
Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Giggs
Van Persie, Chicharito
Jones, Olsson, McAuley, Ridgewell
Odemwingie, Gera, Brunt
Wayne Rooney (knee) is definitely out of the game for the hosts, while Danny Welbeck could still be sidelined as he missed the Newcastle game with an illness.
Captain Nemanja Vidic complained of soreness in his knee after the 1-1 draw with Swansea, and could be rested again.
Shinji Kagawa (knee) is nearing full fitness but this game may prove to be too soon for him, while Anderson, Rafael and Nani (all hamstring) are scheduled to return but may have to settle for places on the bench if they are fit.
Phil Jones and Ashley Young are still recovering from knocks, but could yet make the match-day squad.
Goran Popov (hamstring) has no return date and could miss the match for the visitors against the Premier League leaders.
Steven Reid (calf/shin) and Claudio Yacob (hamstring) could make a return against United, but Steve Clarke may opt not to rush them back into the first team at Old Trafford.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester United have won 10 of their last 12 games against West Brom in the Premier League, with the other two results draws at Old Trafford.
- United have conceded as many goals at home this season - 13 - as Southampton, who are 17th in the league.
- After netting his fourth of the campaign against Newcastle, no other defender has more goals in the league than Patrice Evra (pictured, right).
- Robin van Persie has 61 goals in 74 Premier League games since January 2011.
- Chicharito has scored in two of his last three games against West Brom.
- West Brom have kept clean sheets in just two of their last 47 Premier League games.
- Four of Romelu Lukaku's goals this season have come in the final 20 minutes of matches.
- The Baggies could go third with a win over United on Saturday, and would be 10 points behind them in the race for the title.
- West Brom last won at Old Trafford in 1978, taking the points in a 5-3 victory.
|Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
Top 3 Predictions
Man. United 3-1 West Bromwich Albion
- 22.41 %
Man. United 3-0 West Bromwich Albion
- 12.76 %
Man. United 2-0 West Bromwich Albion
- 7.32 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||May 19, 2013||West Bromwich Albion 5 - Man. United 5|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 29, 2012||Man. United 2 - West Bromwich Albion 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 11, 2012||Man. United 2 - West Bromwich Albion 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Aug 14, 2011||West Bromwich Albion 1 - Man. United 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 1, 2011||West Bromwich Albion 1 - Man. United 2|
|May 19, 2013||West Bromwich Albion 5 - Man. United 5||EPL|
|May 12, 2013||Man. United 2 - Swansea City 1||EPL|
|May 5, 2013||Man. United 0 - Chelsea FC 1||EPL|
|Apr 28, 2013||Arsenal FC 1 - Man. United 1||EPL|
|Apr 22, 2013||Man. United 3 - Aston Villa 0||EPL|
|Returns:||Man. United $13.00||Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
|Returns:||Draw $55.00||Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
|Returns:||West Brom $95.00||Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
|1||David de Gea||Goalkeeper|
|20||Robin van Persie||Striker|
|30||Sebastien Gabriel Tamaş||Defender|
|11||Yassine El Ghanassy||Striker|
Times In EAT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed