Manchester City - Everton Preview: Toffees looking for sixth win in seven against champions
David Moyes will be sweating over the fitness of Leighton Baines after he damaged his hamstring against Arsenal, as Roberto Mancini's men hope to extend their impressive home form
By Alex Young
Zabaleta, Nastasic, Kompany, Kolarov
Nasri, Garcia, Y Toure, Silva
Hibbert, Jagielka, Heitinga, Distin
Naismith, Gibson, Osman, Pienaar
Gael Clichy (foot) will sit out the visit of Everton and joins Jack Rodwell (hamstring) and Micah Richards (knee) on the treatment table, while James Milner (hamstring), who scored in the 2-0 win over Wigan, is a doubt.
Mario Balotelli, the other goalscorer on Wednesday, will most likely make way for top goalscorer Edin Dzeko, while Joleon Lescott will be hoping to be handed a start against his former side.
Everton's injury woes continue to mount, with Leighton Baines (hamstring) and Nikica Jelavic (illness) both doubts for the tie despite coming through the 1-1 draw with Arsenal, but the latter is expected to be passed fit.
Elsewhere, Seamus Coleman (knock), Kevin Mirallas (hamstring) and Victor Anchebe (knock) all face late fitness tests ahead of the trip to the Etihad Stadium, with David Moyes hopeful on all three. Phil Neville (knee) is not expected back until the New Year after undergoing surgery.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City are the first team in Premier League history to avoid defeat in their opening 14 games for two seasons on the trot.
- The hosts have won 29 of their last 31 home matches in the Premier League.
- City have scored more goals from outside the box than any other team in England's top flight this season.
- The hosts have scored at least two goals in 23 of their last 27 home league games.
- Everton have hit the woodwork more often than any other team in the top flight this season.
- The away side have won five of their last six games against City.
- The Toffees have had more shots on target than any other team in the Premier League.
- Marouane Fellaini (pictured, right) has been involved in eight goals (five goals, three assists) in his last eight Premier League appearances.
- The last time City tasted defeat at home in the Premier League was against Everton in December 2010.
|Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
Top 3 Predictions
Manchester City 2-0 Everton
- 17.21 %
Manchester City 1-2 Everton
- 14.02 %
Manchester City 3-1 Everton
- 10.82 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 5, 2013||Manchester City 3 - Everton 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 16, 2013||Everton 2 - Manchester City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 1, 2012||Manchester City 1 - Everton 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 31, 2012||Everton 1 - Manchester City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 24, 2011||Manchester City 2 - Everton 0|
|Mar 2, 2014||Manchester City 3 - Sunderland 1||CCUP|
|Feb 22, 2014||Manchester City 1 - Stoke City 0||EPL|
|Feb 18, 2014||Manchester City 0 - Barcelona 2||UCL|
|Feb 15, 2014||Manchester City 2 - Chelsea FC 0||FA|
|Feb 8, 2014||Norwich City 0 - Manchester City 0||EPL|
Times In EAT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed