Liverpool - Stoke Preview: Brendan Rodgers' side aim for their first back-to-back league win since December 2011
The resurgent Reds are hoping to continue their rise up the Premier League table while Tony Pulis' side are desperately seeking some away form
By Andy Sixsmith
Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Wisdom
Borini, Gerrard, Sterling
Cameron, Huth, Shawcross, Wilson
Adam, Whelan, N'Zonzi, Kightly
Brendan Rodgers will reintroduce talismen Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez into the starting line-up after both were on the bench for Thursday's shock 3-2 defeat at home to Udinese.
Raheem Sterling should also start after only featuring as a substitute in the Europa League tie, but the match will come too soon for Jose Enrique (knee) and Martin Kelly (knee). Lucas Leiva (thigh) is a long-term absentee but Joe Cole is fit again after recovering from a hamstring injury.
Jonjo Shelvey is still banned after picking up a three-match suspension for his red card against Manchester United.
Tony Pulis has a fully fit squad to choose from, aside from the suspended Andy Wilkinson, so is likely to name an unchanged XI from the side that dispatched Swansea last weekend.
That means there is still no place for Michael Owen in the starting line-up with top scorer Peter Crouch, in excellent form.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Following last week's hat-trick against Norwich, Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is now joint-second top goalscorer with Steven Fletcher and Robin van Persie on five goals, while Demba Ba leads the way on six.
- Don't be expecting too many goals on Sunday - there have been just 11 scored in eight Premier League games between the sides
- Having scored 22 goals in 85 appearances for Liverpool, Peter Crouch (pictured) has only scored once in 10 games played against his former side.
- Stoke City have never beaten Liverpool in a top-flight match in 49 attempts.
- Stoke have not won any of their last 12 away games, scoring only six goals in the process.
- Liverpool will be looking for their first back-to-back league wins since December 2011 after last week's 5-2 victory over Norwich.
- Brendan Rodgers' side have only won two of their 12 league games at Anfield in 2012, drawing four and losing six.
|Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
Top 3 Predictions
Liverpool 3-0 Stoke City
- 18.2 %
Liverpool 2-0 Stoke City
- 14.95 %
Liverpool 2-1 Stoke City
- 14.12 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Aug 17, 2013||Liverpool 1 - Stoke City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 26, 2012||Stoke City 3 - Liverpool 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 7, 2012||Liverpool 0 - Stoke City 0|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||Mar 18, 2012||Liverpool 2 - Stoke City 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 14, 2012||Liverpool 0 - Stoke City 0|
|Dec 4, 2013||Liverpool 5 - Norwich City 1||EPL|
|Dec 1, 2013||Hull City 3 - Liverpool 1||EPL|
|Nov 23, 2013||Everton 3 - Liverpool 3||EPL|
|Nov 9, 2013||Liverpool 4 - Fulham 0||EPL|
|Nov 2, 2013||Arsenal FC 2 - Liverpool 0||EPL|
Times In EAT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed