Ranocchia, Samuel, Juan Jesus
Zanetti, Kovacic, Cambiasso, Pereira
Raimondi, Stendardo, Canini, Grosso
Giorgi, Cigarini, Biondini, Bonaventura
Midfielder Dejan Stankovic, who has barely featured this campaign, remains sidelined with an ankle problem while Gaby Mudingayi, Luca Castellazzi and Joel Obi are all long-term injury concerns for Andrea Stramaccioni.
The Inter coach will, however, have Esteban Cambiasso available for selection after the Argentine served a one-match ban against Sampdoria, and Walter Samuel—who was rested midweek—will slot back into the centre of defence.
Atalanta striker Marko Livaja, on loan from Inter, will regain his spot in the attack after missing last weekend’s scoreless draw with Sampdoria due to disciplinary reasons. But defender Stefano Lucchini and goalkeeper Andrea Consigli are suspended and will be replaced by Michele Canini and Ciro Polito, respectively.
Boss Stefano Colantuono will also be without defender Gianpaolo Bellini, who has an adductor problem, and striker Guido Marilungo, who is recovering after suffering a serious cruciate ligament injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- With both Diego Milito and Rodrigo Palacio sidelined, Inter’s highest scorer in Serie A is Antonio Cassano with seven goals.
- Of Inter’s six remaining matches only one (Napoli) is against a side higher than them in the table.
- Inter’s 2-0 win over Sampdoria represented just their second clean sheet in 10 Serie A matches.
- Inter last beat Atalanta in April 2010. Since then the two sides have drawn twice, with Atalanta winning their previous match this season in November.
- Atalanta are presently 16th in Serie A, but had they not been handed a two-point deduction as a result of last season’s corruption scandal they would be 14th in the Italian top flight.
- German Denis, 31, leads Atalanta in both goals (12) and assists (4) this season.