The Football Fever team feels that poor strategy on Sir Alex Ferguson's part caused Manchester United's defeat to Chelsea in the FA Cup quarter-final.
A tactical misjudgment by master manager Sir Alex Ferguson contributed to Manchester United’s exit from the FA Cup at the hands of Chelsea, according to the Football Fever Podcast. After Rafa Benitez was criticised for fielding a weakened team in the loss at Southampton in the Premier League 48 hours earlier, he was vindicated when the defending FA Cup champions deservedly overcame the league leaders. Sir Alex erred by not keeping key players like Robin Van Persie fresh for the Cup tie - and playing him and others in the less important Premier League game at Sunderland.
Click here for this edition of Football Fever Podcast On Goal.com!
Hope you enjoy it. Do pop by and like our Facebook page to enjoy more discussion.
ALSO THIS WEEK:
- Paolo Di Canio takes over at Sunderland
- Andy Carroll returns to form: England’s saviour?
- Luis Suarez future at inconsistent Liverpool?
- Is there a plot to remove Malaysia national coach K. Rajagopal?
- Spain striker Dani Guiza reportedly to make premature exit from big-spending Malaysian club, Johor
- Cardiff City beat Blackburn 3-0 to go 7 points clear in England’s second tier as Rovers teeter on edge of relegation zone
- 1 Malaysia Cardiff City agrees 5-year partnership with Malaysian broadcaster Astro: 32 Malaysian kids do lap of honour at Cardiff City Stadium as part of football training programme
- Manchester derby preview, Tottenham v Everton look ahead
- Best April Fool’s week football and sporting pranks
Do leave us YOUR feedback on the show in the comments box below.
Richard Lenton: Premier League Host, Mio Stadium (Singapore)
Steve Lai: Presenter/Producer, Channel News Asia
Uday Joshi: Southeast Broadcaster & Media Analyst
Jason Dasey: Host/Executive Producer, Astro SuperSport (Malaysia)
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.