The Kenyan rose to thunder home the opening strike as the Bhoys beat the Catalan side on Wednesday night, and says the Scots had a clear gameplan to beat the BlaugranaEXCLUSIVE
By David Kwalimwa
Victor Wanyama has insisted he has no intention of leaving Celtic after netting in the Bhoys' historic Champions League win over Barcelona.
The Kenyan has been linked with a move to the Premier League with Manchester United and Arsenal interested, but is only interested in improving his game at Celtic Park.
He told Goal.com: “I am happy at Celtic and satisfied with my performances so far, it won’t be in order to speculate about the future, I believe an appropriate time will come when I’ll be able to make a decision on my sporting future.
"My aim at Celtic is to score goals and keep improving every day and I thank God that everything is working out for me well."The Kenyan rose above Jordi Alba to head home the game's opener, while Tony Watt's winner was also scored on the back of a long ball up the pitch that the Barca defence failed to deal with properly, and revealed that the Bhoys had purposefully targeted the Spanish side in the air.
"We took time to study how Barcelona play before we faced them, on the ground they are very comfortable - with or without the ball. But in the air it’s a different story," Wanyama said.
The 21 year-old - who is the first player from East Africa to score in the Champions League - adds that his team-mates will not concentrate much on the result against the Catalans, but instead, focus on securing qualification to the knockout phase.
He added: "We need to look at the remaining games [at home to Spartak Moscow and away to Benfica], qualification [to the knock-out stage] is a priority. It’s possible and we will not rest on our laurels until it’s achieved."