Award returns for its long-awaited newest edition...
Counting down between July 14th and August 10th, you'll see the best players in the world emerge one by one, with each being given the full Goal.com Profile treatment as they're added to our new, dynamic list-ranking system.
But the best is yet to come. Starting on August 12th, we're giving you, the readers, the chance to make your own top 50 with our brand new voting section, details of which will emerge throughout the month.
Remember, the winner of the last Goal.com 50, which was also the last to take place at a year's end, was Lionel Messi in December 2009. Before that, in December 2008, was Cristiano Ronaldo. Now that the award has moved to summer, who will top the Goal.com 50?
There's only one place to find out!
Here's what you have to look forward to:
- July 14th: The countdown begins, with the editors' top 50 list starting to form, with between 1 and 3 players announced per day until...
- August 11th: The editors' Goal.com 50 winner is revealed!
- August 12th, 1030 IST: The voting begins to determine who will top the fans' vote.
- August 28th, 0230 IST: The voting closes and the vote count starts.
- August 28th, 1230 IST: The winner of the fans' vote for the Goal.com 50 is revealed!