thumbnail Hello,

The Copa Libertadores winners say that the 20-year-old Brazil international will be moved on if his valuation is met but that they are happy to keep him for another season

Bernard will be sold if a €25m bid arrives, says Atletico Mineiro director Eduardo Maluf.

TRANSFER TALK
9/1 Arsenal are 9/1 with Bet365 to win the Premier League
The 20-year-old, who has already been capped five times for the Brazil national side, has been attracting the interest of a host of European clubs this summer, with Arsenal strongly linked with a move and the attacking midfielder has claimed to have offers on the table from Porto and Shakhtar Donetsk as well as Premier League clubs.

The youngster's agent hinted that the Copa Libertadores final triumph over Olimpia on Wednesday was to be his final performance for the club and Maluf admits that a sufficiently large offer would see Bernard depart.

"The president [Alexandre Kalil] has already made very clear, if an offer of €25 million [£22m] arrives, he is going to sell and we will buy another player," Maluf told Radio Globo.

"If this offer did not appear, Bernard will stay at Atletico. He is young and can leave at the end of the year."

Tottenham had previously been in the running for Bernard's signature but his repesentative revealed on July 2 that Andre Villas-Boas's men had been priced out of the chase.

Related

From the web