thumbnail Hello,

Brazil through with Portugal favourites to join them...

With one game remaining in what was billed as the 'Group of Death' when the draw was made back in December last year, Ivory Coast go in search of a minor miracle to keep their 2010 World Cup hopes alive.

Portugal most certainly have the destiny of the group in their hands, where a win over Brazil would not only see them through to the second round but will also knock Dunga's side off the top of the group and into second place.

Here is our ready reckoner for every permutation in Group G...


Ivory Coast win
IC & NK draw
North Korea win
Brazil win

Brazil through as group winners.

Ivory Coast would need to overturn a nine-goal deficit to finish second ahead of Portugal. If goal difference and goals scored are level, lots will be drawn.

Brazil through as group winners.

Portugal through in second place.
Brazil through as group winners.

Portugal through in second place.
 

Bra & Por draw


Brazil through as group winners.

Portugal through in second place.

 
Brazil through as group winners.

Portugal through in second place.
 
Brazil through as group winners.

Portugal through in second place.


Portugal win
 
Portugal through as group winners.

Brazil through in second place.


Portugal through as group winners.

Brazil through in second place.

Portugal through as group winners.

Brazil through in second place.

Having held their nerve in their opening two games, Brazil are already through and can march into the last 16 with a 100% record if they can get the better of Carlos Queiroz's Portugal in Durban.

Despite the Seleccao's seven-goal haul against North Korea, the Castrol Rankings Group Predictor still gives Brazil a 78.7% chance of finishing top of the group while Portugal have been given a 21.3% chance of advancing through in first place.

With the North Koreans already out of the competition, Ivory Coast face the near impossible task of becoming the second African side to reach the knock-out stages and that's reflected by, according to the Castrol Rankings, their 0.3% chance of progression.

Castrol Predictor paths to the final:

Team finishing first would play Chile, then the Netherlands, then Uruguay, then Spain.
Team finishing second would play Spain, then Paraguay, then England, then Brazil.

Our  provides the best breaking news online and our  football fan community is unmatched worldwide. Never miss a thing again!

Related

From the web