The Italy international admitted earlier this week that he can not work out why he was deemed surplus to requirements at San Siro by the Rossoneri boss
The Rossoneri's decision to allow the Italy international leave the club last summer and join rivals Juventus on a free transfer has been one of the major talking points of this season, as the veteran midfielder has played an integral role in the Bianconeri's title success.
Pirlo weighed in earlier this week, claiming he was baffled as to why the club refused to offer him a long-term deal and criticised Allegri's handling of him, but the former Cagliari boss has leapt to the defence of both his club and his tactics.
“On a technical level, I can only thank Pirlo for the hard work he put in last year," he told reporters on Saturday. "Last season, when he was fit, he was an important player for us.
"But I needed that a playmaker playing on the left-hand side of midfield ... In life, you make choices and that's it.
"I evaluate players when I have them at my disposal. After that, what he says, that does not particularly interest me.
"The club decided to offer a thirty-something a one-year contract. But I think Pirlo accepted a three-year offer from Juventus for €5 million per season."
Pirlo, who has been capped 82 times by Italy, is set to collect his third Serie A winners' medal after Juve's clash with Atalanta in Turin on Sunday afternoon.