The Uruguay international's legal representative will continue to contest the four-month Fifa ban handed to his clientLuis Suarez’ lawyer has vowed to take his fight against the striker's four-month ban to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) after labelling the suspension "draconian and fascist".
The Uruguay international was also hit with a nine-match international ban and a €82,000 fine by Fifa for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup
Appeals against the sanction from Suarez himself and the Uruguyan FA were rejected by Fifa this week, but his legal representative, Alejandro Balbi, isn’t ready to give up the fight.
“We knew that Fifa would uphold the ban because they are corporatists,” Balbi told Cope.
“We won't stop, we are going to go to CAS and we will keep taking every legal path available to us.”
Suarez, who is set to leave Liverpool for Barcelona after the two clubs confirmed on Friday that an agreement had been reached over his transfer to La Liga, is banned from all football-related activity until October 26.
“It’s blatantly draconian, totalitarian and fascist,” Balbi said.
“The right of a footballer to do his job is being violated and football should be concerned about that.
"The nine international matches may seem excessive, but the fact that he can’t watch a game of football or train or do his job, we are talking about very unpleasant things here."