The forward has been unveiled at Camp Nou, with the club confirming the financial details behind the dealBarcelona have revealed they will pay €57 million for Brazil star Neymar after presenting the player to supporters on Monday.
The transfer fee was confirmed by Barca vice-president Josep Bartomeu, who also revealed the forward’s buy-out clause in his five-year contract has been set at €190m.
Speaking at the player’s presentation at Camp Nou, Bartomeu said the fee, which will give the club full ownership of Neymar, will be paid to Santos and the three other companies who held percentages of the player’s rights.
An advanced payment of €10m has already been made and the rest will be paid in instalments over the course of the next three years.
While he could confirm the total cost of the transfer would be €57m, Bartomeu could not specify exactly how much would be paid to each party due to confidentiality clauses.
"Neymar has signed a five-year contract with a buyout clause of €190m. The total cost of the operation to sign him is €57million with no payments made to any intermediaries other than the four parties (three companies plus Santos) involved," he said at a press conference.
"Barcelona now have all the sporting and economic rights of the player.”
The vice-president said the interest of other clubs, including Real Madrid, had forced the price up from the €40m they had wished to spend on the 21-year-old Brazil international.
"Neymar wanted to come and it helped even though the figure has ascended our expected level of spending from €40m up to €57m, a price which rose because of interest from other teams,” Bartomeu said.
“The operation has been made more expensive due to the interest of other clubs that interfered in the signing of Neymar.
"Barca's offer was not the highest of all. Interference from other clubs has pushed up the operation but we are delighted to have Neymar here.”
Bartomeu also confirmed that the Catalans will play two games against Santos as part of the deal and said he hoped this would just be the start of a fruitful relationship with the Brazilian club.
He added: "It would be perfect if in the future some other Santos players could come to Barcelona.
“This is a part of the agreement with Santos, if there is a player who can be interesting for the club, they could come to Barcelona.
"We will play two friendlies against Santos - one in Brazil and one here at Camp Nou as part of the deal.”
Andoni Zubizarreta was also at the presentation and said he was certain there would be no problem with Neymar playing alongside Lionel Messi at Camp Nou.
"Great players can always play together. You can never have too much talent," he explained.
"He is one of the world's best talents of his generation and he could be a reference point.
"We will enjoy some magical nights with him and his team-mates. They will be delighted to share a dressing room with Neymar."
He also confirmed the club had been chasing the Brazilian for a long time, showing the press a Barcelona scouting report from the Under-20 South American championships dating back to 2011.
The report read: "He's one of the greatest talents in the world at this age. If he continues like this, he's going to be one of the greatest players in the world."