Championship Round-up: Leicester go top, Nottingham Forest held

Nigel Pearson's side jumped to the summit of the table after a 2-1 win over Paul Ince's Blackburn Rovers, while Blackpool, Birmingham City, Barnsley and Yeovil Town all lost out
Leicester City moved top of the Championship on goals scored after a comfortable 2-1 win over Blackburn Rovers at the King Power Stadium.

Lloyd Dyer and David Nugent put Nigel Pearson's side ahead at the break and the Foxes were able to hold onto the three points despite a 70th-minute Jordan Rhodes penalty.

It was a night to forget for Blackpool, however, after Paul Ince's surrendered top spot with a 3-1 defeat at Millwall.

Nottm Forest




Tom Ince gave his father's side an early lead with a low strike from the edge of the penalty area - but Millwall came roaring back to pick up their first win of the season.

Liam Trotter levelled in first-half injury time before goals from Nicky Bailey and Steve Morison won the match for Steve Lomas' side.

Meanwhile, Burnley maintained their good start to the season with a convincing 3-0 win over Birmingham City at Turf Moor.

A Danny Ings double secured Sean Dyche's side their fourth win of the season, with Scott Arfield scoring early in the second half.

Ings' first came in the third minute before he wrapped up the win just before the hour mark. In between the striker's two goals, Arfield netted his first league goal for the club with a well-taken header.

Elsewhere, early pace-setters Nottingham Forest lost ground on the leaders after being held to a 2-2 draw by 10-man Middlesbrough.

Forest had to come from two goals down to seal their point after Kei Kamara and George Friend had given Boro the lead.

Forest saw Chris Cohen miss a penalty with the score at 1-0 but his blushes were spared as Matt Derbyshire and Darius Henderson rescued a point. Boro substitute Emmanuel Ledesma saw red in injury time for a crunching challenge.

At the Reebok Stadium, Bolton Wanderers' search for a first win still goes on but they were able to collect a third draw of the season against Derby County.

Nigel Clough's side had won their opening three away matches of the season yet were pegged back by a resilient Bolton side to draw 2-2. Alex Baptiste opened the scoring for the hosts before a Johnny Russell double moved Derby ahead.

Chris Eagles sealed a point for Dougie Freedman's side with an equaliser in first-half stoppage time. The result leaves Bolton bottom of the table but they at least closed the gap to Yeovil Town and Barnsley, who both lost.

Barnsley fell to a late Marc Pugh strike as Bournemouth collected their fourth win of the season.

Yeovil, meanwhile, took the lead against Ipswich Town at Portman Road through Joel Grant, though they were unable to hold onto it, as Daryl Murphy and Aaron Cresswell secured the win for Mick McCarthy's side.

At Vicarage Road, a Lewis McGugan double saw Watford move into sixth place as they beat Doncaster Rovers 2-1.

The midfielder opened the scoring from the penalty spot in the 12th minute, only for Chris Brown to level for the visitors four minutes later. However, McGugan was on hand to take all three points with an 87th-minute winner.

Elsewhere, Huddersfield Town's mixed start to the season continued as they picked up a 2-1 victory over Charlton Athletic.

James Vaughan and Joel Lynch got the goals for Mark Robins' side, with Cameron Stewart getting a late consolation for the visitors.