Tolgay Ozbey called a press conference at Kolkata to give the media his point of view after allegations were levelled against him by the East Bengal establishment...
He claimed that his 2 year contract with the Red and Gold was over on May 14 after he had scored four goals to lead his former team to yet another Calcutta Football League.
"I'm finished with East Bengal at 5:30 pm on May 14. After that I'm free to be in talks with whoever, whenever I want. I don't know for whatever reasons they are harassing me," said Tolgay.
East Bengal General Secretary, Kalyan Majumdar claimed that Ozbey had signed a voucher for the next season and was not a free agent as he claimed. They have thus show caused the Australian.
"He is not a free player. He has signed a voucher and has also illegally accepted money from Mohun Bagan. We have written to the IFA to take action against him," Majumdar said.
Tolgay had a different story to tell as he dismissed any claims that he had signed anything with the Red and Gold and also lashed out at the club, saying that East Bengal had forcibly tried to credit his bank account with an amount of Rs. 30 lakh which he had rejected.
"They are trying to defame me," said the Australian.
He also said that he would be donning Green and Maroon colours for the next two seasons.
"I've finalised a deal with Mohun Bagan for two seasons beginning 2012-13. Today, I'm talking to the Mohun Bagan officials to decide on the date when to sign," he further added.
Ozbey also alleged that East Bengal had cheated his former agent Paul Dickinson by promising $12,500. His agent had written to the club at least on 12 occasions, but had been ignored.
"I've full faith in IFA (Indian Football Association) to sort this out in a day or two or else I will be forced to knock on the doors of the AIFF or FIFA."
Ozbey also said that he loved Kolkata and hence did not shift base to any of the Goan clubs who looked to sign the in-demand striker.