The All India Football Federation’s (AIFF) Executive Committee met at AIFF house, Dwarka earlier this morning where they discussed and made decisions on a number of key issues...
The other important decisions that were taken during the meeting:
1) The National senior team camp will be held from 25th June to 7th July in Dubai for the upcoming Nehru Cup which is scheduled to be held from 18th August – 30th August at Delhi’s Ambedkar Stadium. The team will then travel to Spain for training cum exposure trip including five practice matches from 7th July to 7th Aug and will utilize the FC Barcelona facilities.
2) The executive committee unanimously decided to get stringent on the clubs who fail to release their players for the national camp as it doesn’t hamper the activities of clubs as the national camp doesn’t coincide with any AIFF tournaments.
3) Also AIFF will fund various states to develop three practice grounds for the practice of national team. The venues are yet to be decided.
4) SAFF tournament will be held in India from 1st December -15th December .The venue will be finalized later.
5) Artificial turfs would be installed at eight centers across the country where either, Vision India Projects, I League team, or Training Centre built with FAP or Goal Project help are existing.
6) Regarding Mohun Bagan’s offer of money to Mohammedan Sporting to win a match it was decided to issue a strong warning and ask all the clubs not to follow such kind of practices.
7) The Mohun Bagan vs. Bhaichung Bhutia issue was also discussed and it was decided that Bhaichung will attend the national camp.
8) A Zonal development officer will be appointed for each Zone by Vice-Presidents in each zone to oversee the talent hunt, development of football in the zone and infrastructure development.
Now all of our breaking news is at your fingertips. Meet the Goal.com Toolbar, the new and exciting way to take the passion of football with you!